Why become a member? ×

Stolen gear, Airdrie area (near Glasgow)

geoham

I stupidly left some gear in my car and it looks like it’s been stolen. Please keep your eyes open and share on social media.

Any information, please contact me or the police. A reward can be provided for the safe return.

Fender Jazz Bass. Blue with red tortoise shell scratchplate and a Gotoh bridge. In a Fender gig bag. Serial number MZ2177370.
Line 6 Helix LT. Still has screen protector on. In a Gator gig bag. Serial number 21HLT2V6845000222.
Behringer P1 IEM amp
KZ IEMs (blue)
2 x instrument cables
1 x power cable (kettle lead)

I'm playing the bass in this picture, though it now has normal black plastic knobs.

Facebook post (please share)

EA3BA8B9-4386-419D-A230-33B6F212F10B.jpeg

Edited by geoham

Sorry to hear that George. Might be worth putting on the Central belt music gear FB page if they allow it to be posted.

Hope you get it back. I'll share with friends on FB who play regularly in that area.

Was it at a venue or home.

All the best 

Dave

Edited by dmccombe7

11 minutes ago, Elfrasho said:

I'm just up the road in wishaw so I'll keep my eyes peeled. Good luck man. 

A Wishy lad. My old hunting ground :laugh1:

Girdwoods and Heathery and the Crown (later Sherlocks where i met my better half) when it was going.

Those were the days of many many bands in Wishaw.

Heading down to Girdwoods on 14th to see Emergency Exit. Our drummers other band. Fantastic punk covers band. Worth seeing.

Dave 

2 minutes ago, dmccombe7 said:

A Wishy lad. My old hunting ground :laugh1:

Girdwoods and Heathery and the Crown (later Sherlocks where i met my better half) when it was going.

Those were the days of many many bands in Wishaw.

Heading down to Girdwoods on 14th to see Emergency Exit. Our drummers other band. Fantastic punk covers band. Worth seeing.

Dave 

Excellent! I spend most weekends in girdwoods and i'm out for  a birthday that evening but may very well end back at girdwoods! 

Edited by Elfrasho

3 hours ago, dmccombe7 said:

Sorry to hear that George. Might be worth putting on the Central belt music gear FB page if they allow it to be posted.

Hope you get it back. I'll share with friends on FB who play regularly in that area.

Was it at a venue or home.

All the best 

Dave

I've shared this on a few Facebook groups, as have my contacts - so hopefully makes enough prospective buyers aware of it.

It was at home, parked on my driveway with the boot facing away from the street. I've either been stupid left it unlocked after unloading shopping, or my key has been cloned somehow. I've had several workmen in recently, and my wife's car had blocked the driveway, so they couldn't have taken that if they did manage to clone the key. 

Thanks for sharing. 

George

9 minutes ago, geoham said:

I've shared this on a few Facebook groups, as have my contacts - so hopefully makes enough prospective buyers aware of it.

It was at home, parked on my driveway with the boot facing away from the street. I've either been stupid left it unlocked after unloading shopping, or my key has been cloned somehow. I've had several workmen in recently, and my wife's car had blocked the driveway, so they couldn't have taken that if they did manage to clone the key. 

Thanks for sharing. 

George

Was it in plain sight or hidden in the boot. If hidden i'd be asking how they knew it was even there.

Edited by dmccombe7

1 hour ago, dmccombe7 said:

Was it in plain sight or hidden in the boot. If hidden i'd be asking how they knew it was even there.

In the boot, below a parcel shelf and dark windows. Not visible from the outside at all. I don’t think the gear was specifically targeted.

My two theories...

Someone randomly trying car doors to find an unlocked one, and taking anything of value. I’m in a terraced house and the the car is just a few steps from the street. 

One of the workmen I’ve had in in the past couple of weeks managed to clone my car key (if that’s even possible), planned on taking the car and couldn’t because it was blocked in, so settled for the contents instead.

The bass means a lot to me, been through a ton of gigs, recordings and even a TV appearance. I bought it by saving up my tips when I was a barman 18 years ago. Genuinely irreplaceable to me, but to the used market it just an old Mexican jazz with a few upgrades. 

The Helix is probably worth more money, but of zero sentimental value at all, a replacement will be identical.

George

• Like 1
  • Sad 2

• 4 months later...
4 hours ago, Nibody said:

I see this one may have a happy ending

I think we're on the cusp of a happy ending for the Jazz Bass at least, no sign of the Helix or other bits - though it's bass I care most about.

The shop won't give me the bass, which is understandable - they want the Police to collect it. The Police seem to be the biggest problem right now, two days and three calls later and still no sign of them showing any interest whatsover. It's apparently not as simple as them just going to the shop (I don't see why!), and I need to wait for them.

My concern is that Cash Generator unwittingly end up selling it again!

George

• Like 1

Go the shop with your complaint file, show it to them and tell them that they can't sell the bass again. You have to supply your ID when selling items to Cash Crooks and Friends. Better also ask them where is the Helix as it's surely been bought by them at the same time...

If the police don't move, better go there first and ask them what they are waiting for !

1 minute ago, Hellzero said:

Go the shop with your complaint file, show it to them and tell them that they can't sell the bass again. You have to supply your ID when selling items to Cash Crooks and Friends. Better also ask them where is the Helix as it's surely been bought by them at the same time...

If the police don't move, better go there first and ask them what they are waiting for !

I've had that conversation with the store manager and received assurances... but I'm not exactly confident in their abilities. I think I'll put in in writing to be certain though.

They insist they don't have the Helix, seems weird a thief would try and off load gear at two different places though.

Thanks,

George

56 minutes ago, Bassfinger said:

Thieving scum.  I hope they do a gig with the stolen gear, pull a groupie, catch an STD, and their nob drops off.

Reminded me of this 🤣

• Haha 2