Why become a member? ×

What's the best class D bass amp head you've used?

thebassist

This was my EDEN 800A which I loved. Loved the A and B series as the C had problems. It flew out the back of my truck coming home from a gig. When I arrived I didn't see it and the back door latch was opened. When I got back to the gig (about 30 miles away) it was all over the street. It was in a rack.   Not long ago I picked up a older WT 550 and love it. Like the hybrids. Many still are light enough yet have a nice tube warmth. 

eden damaged.jpg

Edited by 4&5 String
  • Sad 1

3 minutes ago, Woodinblack said:

I just bought a BAM200 for around the house. It was £90, its really loud and sounds fine, I am rather impressed, it fits in the front pocket of a gig bag.

Second-hand, or have you found a really cheap source?

• Like 1

On 05/11/2020 at 09:35, 4&5 String said:

This was my EDEN 800A which I loved. Loved the A and B series as the C had problems. It flew out the back of my truck coming home from a gig. When I arrived I didn't see it and the back door latch was opened. When I got back to the gig (about 30 miles away) it was all over the street. It was in a rack.   Not long ago I picked up a older WT 550 and love it. Like the hybrids. Many still are light enough yet have a nice tube warmth. 

eden damaged.jpg

Not to be too picky but this is NOT a Class D amplifier. :)

• Haha 1

Both my Little Marks were analogue versions, so my Elf is my one and only class D. It's tiny, weighs nothing, and sounds great through my BF One10.

So my extrememly limited experience so far is overwhelmingly positive!

:D

Edit: and it came in its own little handbag. Sweet!

Edited by Telebass

7 minutes ago, Muppet said:

Had a Darkglass M900 v2 that was feature packed but I just couldn't get it to work for me. Bought a RM800 EVO II as a backup to my ABM600 and am using it all the time, it is such a great amp

20200819_230037.thumb.jpg.8157af8ff589d7a5ec2b0f5d7a55d08f.jpg

Great amps aren’t they, the RMs. I’ve just gone full circle and bought an ABM600 again but am going to keep my RM500 EVO II, not letting it go.

5 minutes ago, Lozz196 said:

Great amps aren’t they, the RMs. I’ve just gone full circle and bought an ABM600 again but am going to keep my RM500 EVO II, not letting it go.

The itch needed scratching again huh Lozz?! I did wonder how long you’d last before getting another one! 😁

5 minutes ago, Lozz196 said:

Incredibly good I agree. With both those in your stable  what more do you want?  One niggly point is the notched volume pot but I’m sure if I asked nicely and brought donuts they’d swap that out.

39 minutes ago, Muppet said:

Incredibly good I agree. With both those in your stable  what more do you want?  One niggly point is the notched volume pot but I’m sure if I asked nicely and brought donuts they’d swap that out.

I actually really like the notched volume pot but my RM800 EVO doesn’t have it booo.

I have to say the black fascia/silver cover looks very very classy :)

1 hour ago, ern500evo said:

The itch needed scratching again huh Lozz?! I did wonder how long you’d last before getting another one! 😁

Well I think the turning point was seeing the new ABM NEO cabs, knowing I could have an ABM set up again that I could carry just kept on jiggling away at me.

10 hours ago, Lozz196 said:

Well I think the turning point was seeing the new ABM NEO cabs, knowing I could have an ABM set up again that I could carry just kept on jiggling away at me.

That will be awesome. Glad to hear you’ll be back playing through a rig that you think so highly of. A friend has kindly offered to lend me his ABM600 for a couple of weeks, to A/B it against some other amps. Really looking forward to doing that, once travel restrictions relax enough for me to actually go collect it! 

11 hours ago, Lozz196 said:

I find both the ABM Pro NEO 210 and 112 cabs intriguing. Very tempting for the millions of gigs I’m doing 😂

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, danbowskill said:

Got a GK legacy 800 inbound.. Heard great things about it.

Was that one of the B-Stock ones from Polar Audio which I'd been eyeing on ebay? I too am intrigued by these even though I don't need any more amps and love my Class D RM800!