Why become a member? ×

Notification settings not working as set on profile

EdLib-3

Question

Hi,

I've got a problem which I'm not sure how to resolve: since Basschat upgraded the site (when everyone lost their avatars), I have not been receiving notifications by email that I have been messaged. I have checked this and my notifications are still set for me to be notified by email when I am PMed or someone replies or reacts to content I post but I am not receiving email notifications. I used to though. Any ideas on how to sort this out?

Many thanks,

Ed

Edited by EdLib-3

2 answers to this question

Hi Ed

It COULD be your email address (Hotmail). We’ve had issues before where emails were sent to spam so have a look there. Do you have an alternative email you could switch to just to test? I can make the necessary adjustment just message me and we can try it. 

Also worth noting that the notifications will only work for items/content posted after you changed the setting so for example you won’t get notifications for anything before we made the jump or retrospectively on any content you’ve posted recently. So if the settings are all ok now you could try commenting on a new thread you’ve not posted in before or starting a new one and see if that works, or at least sends you an email to spam. 

Hope that helps, must go to bed now so will follow up in the morning. Cheers

Thanks for the super swift reply. I should have thought to look in my junk folder as all the email notifications are in there! I've put Basschat on a non-junk email address list so hopefully that will solve the problem.

All the best,

Ed

• Like 1