Why become a member? ×

Evah Pirazzi Weich strings
£120
Hebden Bridge

On 03/03/2020 at 21:14, Jezyorkshire said:

on my bass Spiros work better for me,

Nothing beats Spiro's for pizz.

My bass sounds great with full strength Spiro's.  But they're hard on the hands and don't bow well. So I'm forced to use hybrids unless there's only jazz coming up.

Quite interested in these as I tried some normal Evah's and found them a better bow & pluck compromise than my helicore hybrids.  but How much softer are the "weichs"?

Full scale length?

1 hour ago, NickA said:

My bass sounds great with full strength Spiro's.  But they're hard on the hands and don't bow well. So I'm forced to use hybrids unless there's only jazz coming up.

Quite interested in these as I tried some normal Evah's and found them a better bow & pluck compromise than my helicore hybrids.  but How much softer are the "weichs"?

Full scale length?

Hi man, the scale says for 3/4 - 4/4, seems there is only one size! As for tension I haven’t played the regulars but there is quite a bit of info on  Talkbass  regarding the comparison, seems that some find the regular gauge a bit tiring? Cheers, Jez

23 hours ago, NickA said:

Full scale length?

Pirastro only makes 4/4 strings, so they fit on any scale lenght pretty much. Helicore hybrids come in three gauges, Evah weich are like Helicore hybrid light. I think they sound way better than Helicore, richer and fuller tone. For bowing the Evah mittel are better though.

Evah's, Agreed, certainly better than helicores.  My set of those pre date this modern obsession with tension and are just "helicore hybrids"; likewise my even older spirocores are simply that.

38 minutes ago, HumblePie said:
On 05/03/2020 at 20:46, NickA said:

Pirastro only makes 4/4 strings, so they fit on any scale lenght pretty much

.. is useful info.  My bass ( aka the Big German Bass or BGB  ) has a 44" scale.

• 1 month later...
  • 10 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
On 28/02/2021 at 05:36, Contrapunctus said:

Now £159

Not quite true I'm afraid. Prices on Thomann are now excluding VAT and import fees. Right off the bat that's an extra £32 bringing it to £191. When I purchased from Thomann I was further slapped a "brokerage fee". I don't know why there's any brokerage fee from the EU but there you go. The page I linked to says that there's a paperwork fee of 2.5% and an admin fee of minimum £11.50. My purchase doesn't reflect that (it was more).

If somebody wanted COMPLETELY NEW Evah Pirazzi Medium set - please feel write to me. I'm a student and I've just won full set of strings on a competition but due to problems with my back I only play with Weich now and don't want to risk. Never even put on bass, completely new, straight from Pirastro as they were the sponsors of the competition :) I'd love to exchange them for Pirazzo Weich or sell and buy myself Pirazzi Weich. Please help! :)