Why become a member? ×

Genesis - The Last Domino? tour

wateroftyne

1 minute ago, 4000 said:

Really glad to hear you enjoyed them too. 

Did you get LE and the excerpt from The MB, as per the programme set list? We didn’t, but I assumed that was due to the timing issues caused by the failed generator. 

Nah, they haven't been seen yet on the tour.

Just now, wateroftyne said:

Nah, they haven't been seen yet on the tour.

That’s a shame, but also something of a relief for me as they’re two of my favourite bits and the thought I’d missed them due to the generator issue was rather annoying. 

I went to Leeds on Tuesday. Having last seen them in 1984, I almost felt like an interloper.

I came away having thoroughly enjoyed the show, great performances and great lighting but with a hint of sadness at how Phil must have felt and be feeling on this tour.

Yes, he’s a consummate professional and a great showman but I couldn’t help but wonder, listening to some of the lyrics. 

The acoustic bit was good and I really liked the arrangement of the ‘Lamb’.

I freely admit to listening to ‘Invisible Touch’ for the first time about a week ago, and probably won’t listen to it again, but the newer (to me) stuff came across really well as you’d expect.

Nic’s drumming was excellent and I got to thinking, as one does…Phil has said no more Genesis for him after 2021 soooo…get Pete, Tony, Mike and Steve to settle whatever differences still linger, get Mike to learn some of the old stuff, persuade a more mellow Tony to play some of the Lamb, and add young Nic to the stew and, hey presto, pre-Trick of the Tail Genesis back together for a tour of the stomping grounds of the 70’s, the de Montforts, the City and Town Halls and a University refectory or two. 

Does anyone have Tony Smith’s number? 🧐

Edited by skb558
  • Haha 1

15 minutes ago, Musicman666 said:

What a disaster, …I saw them last at the reunion tour with Gabriel and Hackett and really I don’t want to be disappointed by seeing them again if it isn't as good, …and going by recent youtube clips I think I’m ok just leaving it.

Reunion tour? 😄

You mean the one-off show which was notoriously musically flaky but everyone loved ‘cos of the circumstances?

Apply a similar approach to the current tour, and you’ll enjoy it.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, wateroftyne said:

Reunion tour? 😄

You mean the one-off show which was notoriously musically flaky but everyone loved ‘cos of the circumstances?

Apply a similar approach to the current tour, and you’ll enjoy it.

I wouldn't mind catching Hackett at some stage , at least he looks like he might actually make it through the set.

1 hour ago, Musicman666 said:

What a disaster, …I saw them last at the reunion tour with Gabriel and Hackett and really I don’t want to be disappointed by seeing them again if it isn't as good, …and going by recent youtube clips I think I’m ok just leaving it.

That’s your prerogative. I’m glad I didn’t leave it. 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
On 19/10/2021 at 14:38, toneknob said:

London dates rescheduled for March 24th, 25th, 26th 2022.

Gives them a while to get some different songs in the setlist 😁

Boom, from Chicago Nov 15th, replacing Duchess for one night only.

image.png.b92cdc37abf71f315d036a59fdd2fa9a.png

• 4 months later...