Why become a member? ×

Genesis - The Last Domino? tour

wateroftyne

3 hours ago, wateroftyne said:

It was interesting to hear Mike talk so candidly, and quite brave of them to include it in the edit.

I agree with all of this, but I would say Phil strikes me as the kind of person that wouldn’t do it unless he had to. I reckon he might need the cash.

I actually think he would. He makes it very clear in his autobiography that he’s never been good at turning down work, sometimes to the detriment of his personal life. 

• Like 1

Flicked through the doc on my phone and must admit there are some goose pimple bits.

My first gig was Stafford in ‘76 the last was Birmingham in ‘83 but I’m getting closer to buying a ticket for Leeds as the days go by, just for ‘closure’ .

Edited by skb558

On 07/09/2021 at 11:52, wateroftyne said:

Every time Clarky says this, it’s like a dagger in my heart. You lucky duck.

Hate to rub your nose in it Michael but 2 of my mates and I slept in a car on Wimbledon Common after the first gig at Earls Court and got tickets for a second night. 

On 03/03/2020 at 16:55, wateroftyne said:

Rumours of a 3-man reunion being announced tomorrow morning. Dates in November / December.

Only rumours, but... rumours nonetheless.

I can't lie, I'm slightly tentative about what it might be like given Phil's physical condition, but I'd go anyway.

Tis a shame Peter Gabriel can’t be persuaded to take part for old times sake

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, skb558 said:

Hate to rub your nose in it Michael but 2 of my mates and I slept in a car on Wimbledon Common after the first gig at Earls Court and got tickets for a second night. 

GAAAH.. stop it

The thing is, they have tapes from the '77 tour. It's about time we got an expanded Seconds Out. 

• Like 2

13 hours ago, skidder652003 said:

Very sad IMO, Phil really should not be doing this, it's his choice obviously but he looks a poorly man :(

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/av/entertainment-arts-58508715

Yeah, he looks quite frail!

The band, doctors and insurers must feel confident that he is capable of completing the tour with no adverse effects.

I haven't seen the tour schedule, so don't know how intense it is, but...

The major stresses with tours of this nature is not so much the performing, but the lack of sleep due to different hotels (we all sleep better in our own beds), the travelling, the meet n greets, and the many interviews and general promo stuff. My guess is that Banks, Rutherford and everyone else involved will make sure that Phil is excused all that, and his load is made as light as possible.

Edited by SteveK
  • Like 1

I saw the BBC footage yesterday and found it incredibly sad and not a little upsetting. He looks incredibly frail and it really shocked me. I hope he’s going to be ok. Given how he appears, I suspect this really must be the last tour though, so I’m glad I’m going if only (as I’ve previously stated) to say goodbye. 

• Like 2

Just read this in The Guardian. Have to say, this section makes for disappointing reading. It makes me think Phil's problems really aren't just physical. It does rather give the impression - as long as he shows up,  he thinks all will be fine.

This is what he said when asked by the reporter how he is preparing vocally for the tour...

“I don’t do anything at all,” says Collins, as Banks and Rutherford look on, uneasy for the first time. “I don’t practise singing at home, not at all. Rehearsing is the practice. These guys are always having a go at me for not, but I have to do it this way."

• Sad 1

27 minutes ago, Stub Mandrel said:

No, but it's obvious it will cover the Ray Wilson period. The titles just chime with the popular view his period was an aberration. The Genesis equivalent of the Star Wars Holiday Special.

Which it wasn’t far off, IMO. Not through any fault of his, mind. That period is covered in-depth, and Ray W. doesn’t pull any punches. It’s quite revealing. The author also acknowledges the inaccuracy of the title.

Besides, ‘1975-2021: The Phil Collins and Ray Wilson years’ would have done PC a bit of an injustice, I think.

Edited by wateroftyne
  • Like 3