Why become a member? ×

Genesis - The Last Domino? tour

wateroftyne

4 minutes ago, Beedster said:

I sincerely hope Phil respects the form here; if he plays in your town, you are the bass player :)

Ha ha

'GET OFF MY STAGE, RUTHERFORD!'

In other news, from an interview with Prog magazine that's just gone up...

Banks: “Nic is a great drummer, but he is capable of sounding like early Phil. For Mike and I, that was always quite exciting. It means you can play some of the songs that you haven't played with Phil as the drummer for a long time. We’re playing old material, but there’ll be some new old material this time. Songs we didn’t play last time.”

GAN ON!

Edited by wateroftyne

10 minutes ago, wateroftyne said:

Ha ha

'GET OFF MY STAGE, RUTHERFORD!'

In other news, from an interview with Prog magazine that's just gone up...

Banks: “Nic is a great drummer, but he is capable of sounding like early Phil. For Mike and I, that was always quite exciting. It means you can play some of the songs that you haven't played with Phil as the drummer for a long time. We’re playing old material, but there’ll be some new old material this time. Songs we didn’t play last time.”

GAN ON!

Nic who? No Chester and Daryl? 

1 minute ago, Woodinblack said:

Ooh look at that, you can get tickets where you only need binoculars from only £70, or £187 if you want to be able to see them.

I think I will catch it on youtube, the view is better!

ouch!

What Genesis tribute bands are knocking around...

😝

41 minutes ago, Stub Mandrel said:

Without any ill-will to Phil Collins, I'd only go and see Genesis if they replaced him with Peter Gabriel and did the early stuff instead of the pop/AOR.

I never liked the PG era Genesis at all. Which is strange because I love Gabriel’s solo work.

1 hour ago, spectoremg said:

Nic who? No Chester and Daryl? 

I would have been surprised if Chester Thompson had been playing. Apart from it being Phil Collin’s son who’s replaced him, Chester Thompson is in his 70s, no disrespect to anyone where who’s that old 😁

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, ambient said:

I would have been surprised if Chester Thompson had been playing. Apart from it being Phil Collin’s son who’s replaced him, Chester Thompson is in his 70s, no disrespect to anyone where who’s that old 😁

I’m not sure if Chester is officially retired. I know he did a couple of albums fairly recently. 

4 minutes ago, wateroftyne said:

Jesus. £70-£180 for tickets at Newcastle.

Do they not know we're poor up here?

This is my beef, top dollar ticket prices for what will most probably be well below par vocals, I think the other guys in the band will be on top form.

• Like 1

If that's what ticket prices are like then i'll be giving it a miss too. Pretty sure they will sell out no matter what the price.

Some artists have lost touch with reality of everyday life and the fact that it was the younger and poorer fans that made them so popular back in their heyday.

Kinda disgusts me when i see this.

Dave

• Like 3

Just seen this - absolutely hilarious.

Apart from the idiocy of referring to the 3-piece as "the classic Genesis line-up " (you know nothin', Jon Snow!), they then post a picture of Tom Petty and label it as Mike Rutherford.

http://www.msn.com/en-gb/entertainment/music/genesis-set-to-reform-after-fans-spot-clue-released-online/ar-BB10HNz8?ocid=ientp

The Telegraph.  Serious feckwittery.

• Haha 5

7 minutes ago, mangotango said:

Just seen this - absolutely hilarious.

Apart from the idiocy of referring to the 3-piece as "the classic Genesis line-up " (you know nothin', Jon Snow!), they then post a picture of Tom Petty and label it as Mike Rutherford.

http://www.msn.com/en-gb/entertainment/music/genesis-set-to-reform-after-fans-spot-clue-released-online/ar-BB10HNz8?ocid=ientp

The Telegraph.  Serious feckwittery.

It’s been the lineup for the best part of 50 years though, and arguably the most successful lineup, certainly in commercial terms.