Why become a member? ×

Genesis - The Last Domino? tour

wateroftyne

8 hours ago, Buzzy said:

After watching them being interviewed  I wonder if Phil Collins is fit enough for a tour.

I suggest anyone buying a ticket checks the small print about refunds. Mike Rutherford looks like death warmed up too - look out for a twin-neck/Zimmer frame combo 😂

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, spectoremg said:

I suggest anyone buying a ticket checks the small print about refunds. Mike Rutherford looks like death warmed up too - look out for a twin-neck/Zimmer frame combo 😂

They’ve probably got what I’ve got. I’ve been like death warmed up for about 3 weeks. 
A twin-neck/zimmer frame combo? Where do I sign up for that?🤟

• Haha 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 09/03/2020 at 17:37, spectoremg said:

Not for me thanks   too much money and why would you want to go 

They whizzed over Steve Hackett 

• 9 months later...
1 hour ago, wateroftyne said:

.....aaaand rescheduled again to September.

In the meantime, they've put out a little video.

Backing vocals....??

Also, I don't think anyone's actually playing Behind The Lines in that clip.

Nice to see 2x Moog Taurus 3 though.

Have been listening to a lot of the old stuff recently,  (up to Wind & Wuthering), having bought a bunch of synth plugins, so this is a morsel I wasn’t expecting.

We know Collins is past it but they sound good and Iighting & visuals look interesting; not sure I’m drawn in enough to shell out £136 for a half-decent ticket for Leeds, but 40 years after the last time...damn, I don’t need this quandary.

Edited by skb558
  • Haha 1

46 minutes ago, skb558 said:

Have been listening to a lot of the old stuff recently,  (up to Wind & Wuthering), having bought a bunch of synth plugins, so this is a morsel I wasn’t expecting.

If you like up to the older stuff, get down to see Steve Hacket, been very impressed with his shows (and a lot less than £136!)

10 hours ago, Woodinblack said:

If you like up to the older stuff, get down to see Steve Hacket, been very impressed with his shows (and a lot less than £136!)

Yes, saw Hackett in York in 2019 followed soon after by ‘The Musical Box’ who were even better (in my opinion). 

• Like 1

10 hours ago, dmccombe7 said:

Duke tour was last time i saw Genesis.

Saw them in Edinburgh then Glasgow where i met Phil Collins who bought our lunch. Happy days.

He was such a nice guy and very down to earth. I have a huge respect for him.

Dave

Met Steve Hackett in Manchester before gig at Free Trade Hall in ‘77. Nice guy, down to earth, didn’t buy us tea 😢

• Like 2

26 minutes ago, skb558 said:

Met Steve Hackett in Manchester before gig at Free Trade Hall in ‘77. Nice guy, down to earth, didn’t buy us tea 😢

Met him late 70's too and agree he's a nice guy. Managed to get his autograph along with the rest of the band. Pretty sure i even got his wife's autograph altho she did think it funny that we even asked.

Dave

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, skb558 said:

Ditto a few times, including backstage at the RAH that time he played Firth of Fifth with The Musical Box, and a lucky visit to his home and studio. Lovely humble and modest chap. I can confirm the original artwork for Spectral Mornings hangs in his downstairs loo.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, skb558 said:

Yes, saw Hackett in York in 2019 followed soon after by ‘The Musical Box’ who were even better (in my opinion). 

I saw the musical box the year before. They seemed good at what they were doing but more like a stage play than a group to me, so didn't enjoy it as much. Saw Hackett do a couple of the albums now, next one is seconds out so might skip that