Why become a member? ×

Wireless microphones stuff. Difference between analogue and digital.

They are pro bit of kit. They are superbly made.

It's not too complicated - in reality, all you'll need to do is this -

Mic - turn down the sensitivity.

Receiver - turn up the AF output (eg the make up gain).

Set on the same frequency... done. Just use on the of the presets within ch38.

You may want to turn on the hi pass filter if your desk hasn't got one.

Just to back up what has already been said from experience the 935 (which I use) is more forgiving about mic placement for idiots like me who can't stand still when playing and singing. I think the 945 actually sounds a little better but I only do bv's so no-one is interested both are good mics anyway. I've found that the Shure Beta 58 sits somewhere between Cardiod and super-Cardioid in terms of pick up.

12 hours ago, Phil Starr said:

Just to back up what has already been said from experience the 935 (which I use) is more forgiving about mic placement for idiots like me who can't stand still when playing and singing. I think the 945 actually sounds a little better but I only do bv's so no-one is interested both are good mics anyway. I've found that the Shure Beta 58 sits somewhere between Cardiod and super-Cardioid in terms of pick up.

thanks Phil. Looking forward to actually using it, although this virus thing put a stop to it, we'll have to see

• 2 weeks later...

Just a couple of points. Firstrly Channel 38 is a great call, but do pay your licence fee. Incidently, there are no plans yet but Channel 38 is earmarked for other use in the future.

Just a bit of backgroud on 5GHz. That band was given to the Wireless Mic manufacturers for the development of Wireless mics shortly before Channel 69 was  stolen. Sadly, in the early days of digital mics, few saw the benefit and so the band was unused. As a result a substatial part of it was given over to WiFi.

• 4 months later...

Right then, to resurect this old thread

Did my first gig last night with the sehnheiser.

I set it up along side my beta 58, used the same eq and gain settings. I added a little more treble to the sehnheiser and I was really pleased with the sound. It worked perfectly. Nicely balanced to boot.

A really good piece of kit