Why become a member? ×

NBD - Sire M2 Version 2 Four String

madshadows

Pulled the trigger on a SIRE M2 Version 2 four string bass guitar in a lovely transparent blue at the cost of 247 imperial units from Anderton's. It came well packaged and delivered by a nice man from DHL this morning. 

Lowered the action a touch and it's fantastic to play, a huge amount of different tones in the active mode (it has passive and active modes), excellent tuning stability and it looks stunning, fantastic maple fret board with lovely rolled edges.

Pics below.

John :)

IMG_0401.JPG

IMG_0402.JPG

IMG_0403.JPG

IMG_0404.JPG

IMG_0405.JPG

• Like 5

On 02/03/2020 at 19:39, dub_junkie said:

Fantastic amount of bass for not a lot of money. I’m still to own a Sire but when I do this will be the one I go for first

After having a it for a few days I'm absolutely loving this bass, such a tone monster, the active circuit is a revelation after always playing passive basses :D 

The only problem now is it shows up how inadequate my little bass combo is !!, think I need an upgrade ;) 

John 😎

On 08/03/2020 at 08:53, madshadows said:

After having a it for a few days I'm absolutely loving this bass, such a tone monster, the active circuit is a revelation after always playing passive basses :D 

The only problem now is it shows up how inadequate my little bass combo is !!, think I need an upgrade ;) 

John 😎

This amp inadequacy is something I've noticed with my 5str. However through my friend's huge old Ampeg you realise that this Bass is startlingly good for the money. Thanks to @whynot from this forum

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Well after having the bass for a few weeks a fault has developed, the active circuit had stopped working when I went to play the bass on Saturday.

I thought maybe the batteries needed changing and got new ones yesterday but still no output when the bass is on active mode, passive mode is fine, a had quick look inside the cavity the houses the electrics but couldn't see any loose wires. Really bummed out but I have emailed Anderton's where I purchased it from and I am awaiting a reply ☹️

John

To save time you could offer to take the bass to a local luthier and agree that they'll pay? If you have to ship the bass back now you probably won't get it or a new one back until after the apocalypse.

• Like 1