Pulled the trigger on a SIRE M2 Version 2 four string bass guitar in a lovely transparent blue at the cost of 247 imperial units from Anderton's. It came well packaged and delivered by a nice man from DHL this morning. 

Lowered the action a touch and it's fantastic to play, a huge amount of different tones in the active mode (it has passive and active modes), excellent tuning stability and it looks stunning, fantastic maple fret board with lovely rolled edges.

Pics below.

John :)

IMG_0401.JPG

IMG_0402.JPG

IMG_0403.JPG

IMG_0404.JPG

IMG_0405.JPG

• Like 5

Fantastic amount of bass for not a lot of money. I’m still to own a Sire but when I do this will be the one I go for first

• Like 1

On 02/03/2020 at 19:39, dub_junkie said:

Fantastic amount of bass for not a lot of money. I’m still to own a Sire but when I do this will be the one I go for first

After having a it for a few days I'm absolutely loving this bass, such a tone monster, the active circuit is a revelation after always playing passive basses :D 

The only problem now is it shows up how inadequate my little bass combo is !!, think I need an upgrade ;) 

John 😎

On 08/03/2020 at 08:53, madshadows said:

After having a it for a few days I'm absolutely loving this bass, such a tone monster, the active circuit is a revelation after always playing passive basses :D 

The only problem now is it shows up how inadequate my little bass combo is !!, think I need an upgrade ;) 

John 😎

This amp inadequacy is something I've noticed with my 5str. However through my friend's huge old Ampeg you realise that this Bass is startlingly good for the money. Thanks to @whynot from this forum

• Like 1

Well after having the bass for a few weeks a fault has developed, the active circuit had stopped working when I went to play the bass on Saturday.

I thought maybe the batteries needed changing and got new ones yesterday but still no output when the bass is on active mode, passive mode is fine, a had quick look inside the cavity the houses the electrics but couldn't see any loose wires. Really bummed out but I have emailed Anderton's where I purchased it from and I am awaiting a reply ☹️

John

To save time you could offer to take the bass to a local luthier and agree that they'll pay? If you have to ship the bass back now you probably won't get it or a new one back until after the apocalypse.

• Like 1

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By BCH
      ACG # 0284 Recurve 4 Custom, purchased from Shaun skb558 (add still on Basschat ....great guy and very knowledgable on ACG
      I purchase while waiting for a delayed new bass build, it has been amazing, sound pallet, playability, comfort & stunning looks. Its in excellent condition, stored in a smoke free studio with humidity control.
      I now only play short scale, inc a ACG Finn, so no trades
      The full spec ( NOTE: I have used Alans photo's and skb's which shows the rich lighter Poplar colour ) thank you Shaun
      https://www.acguitars.co.uk/project/0290recurve4/ 
      Top Wood: Poplar Burl Laural veneer Body Wood: Cherry Body Finish: Satin Lacquer Neck Wood: 5 piece Maple/Purpleheart Finger Board:Wenge Scale: 33″ Neck Finish: Satin Lacquer Pickups: ACG SB single coil bridge, ACG PB neck Hardware: ACG/Hipshot  bridge 19mm spacing, Gotoh GB350 Resolite tuners, Dunlop Dual Design Straplocks, ACG/Newtone strings, Low Battery Indicator Pre-amp: ACG DFM 4K Hiscox case Strap locks ~3.7kg DFM 4K...... Dual Filter Modular pre-amp is available in 4 different configurations.  Stack one: Volume/Blend.
      Stack two: Low-pass filter for the neck pickup plus push/pull switch to activate the low mid boost. The lower ring is the filter frequency, with 41 detents. The upper ring is the overshoot peak level.
      Stack three: Low-pass filter for the bridge pickup plus push/pull switch to activate the upper mid boost or Attack Boost. The lower ring is the filter frequency, with 41 detents. The upper ring is the overshoot peak level.
      Stack four: Sweepable mid/treble.

• By pippinpage
      PRICE DROP - £650 for pickup or £700 delivered by courier

absolutely fantastic bass for a great price.
      UPDATED PHOTOS IN DAYLIGHT

For sale is the fantastic Lakland 44-02 Skyline deluxe in tobacco burst with maple neck & fingerboard.
      Very rarely do these come up so grab yourself a fantastic bass for a great price.
      The bass is in excellent condition as has been kept in its hard case for the last 7yrs (bass is 10yrs old).
      If you don’t know about these basses then check out the manufacturers website: https://www.lakland.com/product/skyline-series-44-02/
      These basses sell for £1400 new so chance of getting a great sounding bass cannot be missed.
      Please message me for more details.
      Willing to post at additional cost.

• By Bean9seventy
      After going to the LBGS 2019  , i managed to get my 1st set of pro macus miller strings ,, stainless steel ,, more expensive than alloy , MM pro strings stainless steel  less than half price
      i have mainly used rotosound ,, so checking these strings out was exciting ,, rotosound give you a direct sound ,, what ever you hit , you get ,, i still say a great string ,, you get a 1 to 1 ratio ,, flat steel
      so when i got the MM DRs  i was not used to the extra dynamic ,, almost like a phantom mic sound / 1st time using a condenser mic ?? ,  you get a much richer sound from the strings changing the harmony of the bass ,,
      means i am taking longer learning bass jams because the strings lend your ear to extend the harmony in a different richer way ,, where with rotosound being a flat 1 to 1 ratio the harmony stops earlier ,,
      MM DRs strings makes my bass sound more dangerous than it already is
      ,,,, but in other bench mark tests ,,, unless i wait until the strings get older ,, do not have that flatter street funk one note sound ,,
      we need Marcus Miller Funk Monster strings ; D ,,
      eg Marcus Miller Street Jam Strings ,, all the dynamics of MM DRs ,, with just a touch of that One Note rotosound flat steel know how ??
    • By alinbassplayer
      Hey guys, so up for sale is another one of my basses, this one is a very old Godman(?) electro acoustic bass, it's in a bit of a state, i got it in far worse state tbh, cleaned it up and had an attempt to make it a fretless, only to realize i am not great at this, also never got round to learning so i just left it like that. 
      I think the fretboard is rosewood, i don;t know what strings those are on it, it was very long ago and they might be electric bass strings.
      So with the exception of the frets being taken off, the neck is, obviously, a little bent because of the lack of frets, also it was way more bent when i got it, managed to straighten it a bit.
      Initially i think who had it first either spilled something on itor tried to clean it and it was quite tarnished, so i cleaned it up a bit and also sanded off the godman logo on the headstock, so looks like a no-name.
      The piezo under the bridge only works for 2 of 4 strings, if i remember correctly it's for the top 2, someone recommended i shove something under the piezo for those 2 strings that don;t work and the pressure would help, never tried it, but the preamp works otherwise.
      I think i might have a gig bag for it, but i don;t think it's usable, or it might just be it's for an acoustic guitar. so comes as is, for £15 you do get a semi usable acoustic bass, if you have the time to put into this you might actually make it usable.
      Basically it's taking up space, i'm not using it and i think someone else could benefit from this, even if you just fix it and give it to charity, still a good idea, i just don't have the time to do that.
      I have a few snaps of this

• By BCH
      SOLD
      This is my stunning Enfield Cannon 4 string bass with Super 8 pickup & case. I was very lucky to buy this new in 2010, its in excellent condition & has been kept in a smoke free studio. It is set up by Auden guitars.
      Martin Simms designed this unique bass in 2008, the quality of components, build & finish is of the highest quality. Martin has finished 3 of my basses over the years. I view him as one of the top bass luthiers. The Cannon model is top of the range custom built, this one is stunning to look at blending from the sunburst finish front to the blue back...The top is made from English Sycamore that came from Wales. It was from a batch Martin got from a furniture maker who had the wood for over 50 years in his workshop and when he retired sold it on and we were lucky enough to receive a small quantity.   It is fab to play and the sound pallet is vast because of the Super 8 pickup design partnership with John East...any question please contact (  have some 2008+ reviews)..this is a wold class bass & a serious investment (I have inc' the price list which is now £5700), so come and try...this is why its a cash on collection   Some links http://www.enfieldguitars.com/cannon.html

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JBujWmzlUrw

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r0TsJ8osYoc

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zx1QIXoALQA

http://www.bassplayer.com/basses/1165/enfield-basses/25905

From Enfield web  Our Enfield Cannon was the first model we launched back in 2008 to showcase our unique Super 8 pickup. Still our flagship model they are built to the highest standard using only our best hand selected timbers. All cannon basses are built to order and are available in either 4, 5 or 6 string models.
      The cannon has been specially designed not only for the pro player but for anyone that seeks the ultimate in sound from their bass. With our Super 8 pickup and it's eight individual coil's along with our uniquely designed pre-amp built to our specifications by the renowned 'John East' ( J-Retro fame ) the cannon is perfect for any gigging or studio situation.
      Cannon Specification's
      Tone chambered body with bespoke hardware designed and produced by Enfield Guitars.
      Standard quarter inch jack and a Balanced XLR output.
      Maple neck with dual action truss rod and 25 med/jumbo frets fitted with custom prepared 'Hipshot' tuners.
      Nut Width's
      4 String Cannon = 44mm

Bass Player Review 2 PDF.pdf
      Enfield instructions page 3.pdf
      Enfield instructions page1.pdf
      Enfield instructions page2.pdf
      Enfield review 3.pdf
      Enfield review 4.pdf
      EnfieldReview1.pdf