Why become a member? ×

Bad venue decorum

julietgreen

2 hours ago, Les said:

Was actually joking with my rider comment above but I've found in general the more you're being paid the better you're treated. 

You mean the more they invest in you, the more they feel that they have to look after their investment! Who would have thought...

• Like 4

2 hours ago, Les said:

Was actually joking with my rider comment above but I've found in general the more you're being paid the better you're treated. 

Very good point and one I'll make the next time a band suggests we go out for a pittance.

• Like 2

Oh man, where do I start, there are so many times I have played gigs only to be treated like crap by the venue, 2 that come immediately to mind from my previous band

First one we played a gig at a venue, we were a newly established band and our singer was drinking at the venue and noticed that in their events list they had an empty date and he asked about it and was told they had no one booked so he asked about getting our band booked and negotiated our rate and because he desperately wanted the gig he gave them a super cheap rate which they agreed to.  We agree to do the gig and on the night of the gig afterwards it turns out that their was another band booked but the venue must have seen we were cheaper and decided to book us instead, the gig seemed to go ok but there is word circulating that we have poached the other bands gig, after the gig it seems that word has got back to the management and they dont want to book us for another gig.

Second one, another of our singers bargain deals, he books us a gig and we are getting a percentage of the bar tab, anyway we play the gig, the bouncer and the manager complain about everything from the volume of our music to the time taken to set up, at the end of the night we finish the gig and immediately afterwards they are literally waiting for us whilst we pack up our gear, the bouncer who clearly is desperate to go home is hassling us every couple of minutes asking us how long we are going to be

• Like 1