Why become a member? ×

** SOLD** Peavey Scorpio Dave Ellefson Signature.
£265
Liverpool

Craig Robinson

Hi I'm selling a recently purchased Peavey Scorpio DE just not really for me. Excellent condition 8/10 loaded with P/J Duncan quarter pounders which are suitably large sounding. Great bass for the money bit on the weighty side coming in at 9.3 lbs on my scales but by no means unwieldy. Looks cool with the mirror plate for a bit of Lynott alike vibe. 

Any questions I will do my best to answer.

UK Postage is free but at buyers own risk please. 

20200301_104558.jpg

20200301_104622.jpg

20200301_104724.jpg

20200301_104604.jpg

20200301_104618.jpg

20200301_104608.jpg

Edited by Craig Robinson
Sold please lock
  • Like 3

Think the cheaper ones aren't Korean and the Seymour Duncan's are only standard in the DE model. Also the mirror plate isn't available on the entry level,  changing it would shave a fair bit off the weight as the plate is metal and a substantial piece of hardware!! 

Cheers 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Craig Robinson said:

Think the cheaper ones aren't Korean and the Seymour Duncan's are only standard in the DE model.

DE Scorpios were made in China,in the same place building the bamboo wing Sarzo Cirrus.

Mike Powers,Peavey old hand and head of bass design, lived over there so he could keep tabs on quality.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Craig Robinson said:

Thanks for the informed Input 👍 shows you cant believe all you read 😉😀😀

You're welcome Craig. Scorpio DE was one of the many Peaveys I've owned,bloody good bass 🙂

With Mike over there it's no surprise they were quality. He spent some time with Dan Erlewine before his 30 years with Peavey.

Sadly he passed away in 2013 and it's telling that Peavey haven't released a new bass design since then ☹️  The Zodiac isn't one of Mike's designs,it's down to another long term Peavey fella ,Tim Litchfield.

Anyway,enough of the history lesson. GLWTS 👍

• MB1 locked this topic