Why become a member? ×

March Composition Challenge - GET WRITING

Skol303

OK  it's really scrappy but what the heck! 

Excuse the mix too, but the playing is so scrappy I wasn't going to waste time polishing it :)

Backing by my mate Rob, who actually spent quite a lot of time on it, then I did the drums and cowbell in a proper hurry. Nicked some of the cowbell patterns from Sun Zoom Spark by Beefheart. I'm not proud!

Edited by MoonBassAlpha
  • Like 1

On 29/03/2020 at 17:26, MoonBassAlpha said:

Is it too late to enter?  Had a bit of  time on my hands today and tried some jazz rock  drumming 

Sorry, only just spotted the PM about this! (operating a reduced service under lockdown 😉).

Have added your track to the voting thread.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, MoonBassAlpha said:

I think that's a no, then! I didn't get ibtl ! :)

Ah bugger , if you tap up @fingers211 he might give you a heads up on the picture he will pick for next month 😉

this glib and facetious attempt at humour will probably come back to bite me :lol:

Edited by lurksalot
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, MoonBassAlpha said:

Oh, dear! I WAS going to take it down. I listened on my phone speaker and it sounds a lot worse than on headphones :(

you could pick lots of parts from it for US TV series in their day, Its great , just a bit of tweaking is all  

On 04/03/2020 at 12:21, Leonard Smalls said:

I've made a party banger...

You really really did, I like that. Sadly I didn’t pay enough attention (I’m still working ATM) and missed the voting thread, sorry!

• Thanks 1

On 31/03/2020 at 14:47, MoonBassAlpha said:

Oh, dear! I WAS going to take it down. I listened on my phone speaker and it sounds a lot worse than on headphones :(

Mine usually do too. The trick is to listen to the song on different speakers, phone, car etc (I can't be bothered) then tweak it. Also , do you mix in headphones or reference monitors? There's a you tube video how to make song sound good in small speakers.