Why become a member? ×

SOLD : Schecter Diamond P Custom 5 string bass
£350
Littlehampton West Sussex

silverfoxnik

Hi Folks

Having just bought another bass, it's time to move on this very nice Schecter Diamond P Custom 5 String bass, which is in extremely good condition and sounds amazing if you want a combination of P-bass thump and MM style funk all in one! It also does a good P/J turn too, just by pulling up the tone control which switches the MM pick up into a single coil J pick up.. 

Price-wise, I'm looking for £SOLD or near offer for this beauty! , I think these were over £650 when they first came out and now they've been discontinued replaced by an active version I believe, so I'm thinking that a price of around £350 for one in such good condition is about right, but if you'd like to make me a sensible offer, then please feel free to PM me.

Background: On and off, I've had one of these basses since 2012; I bought a white one on here in 2012, sold it in 2015, then missed it so much I bought it back again before finally selling it in 2018. Then guess what? In true Basschat fashion, I bought this black one last year because I rate these basses so highly. 

I scoured t'interweb for ages to find this one and bought it from it's first owner who'd had it for a few years without really ever using it.. So it's in great shape with everything working as it should, playing and sounding great! 

Why I'm selling: Simply put, since I bought an Xotic 5 string Jazz last November, this bass hasn't had a look-in. And my back up to the Xotic is an Ander VanderEnd 5string Jazz, so I've finally accepted that it's time to let this go.. 

Photos: Attached are some photos... I do have more and, if you want to see them, just PM me your email address and I'll happily send them over to you.. 

Details: It's a 35" scale, passive bass, with an very even tone across all the strings and has a pretty thunderous sounding B-string! Though it's passive, the switching allows you to get a P Bass tone, Jazz bass tone and a MM bass tone too and with all of that, it has a really hot output to it - which is how Schecter designed these things; have a look at this Schecter video clip here:

Schecter official YouTube clip

And here's some other YouTube links of the Diamond P5, which will give you an idea of the tonal palette of the bass:

Diamond P 5 Clip 1

Diamond P 5 Clip 2

More details available on the Schecter website

Shipping etc: I'm always willing to ship basses, so if you want it and you want me to ship it, I can promise you that it will be well packed!! Shipping costs are additional to the price of course, and I always recommend that you pay the extra to have a bass properly insured in transit.

I have a very good hard case that I can throw into the deal for a little extra which will add extra protection too..

Equally, feel free to come and give it a try if you're local to me in Littlehampton, West Sussex - you won't be disappointed - well, by the tea and biscuits anyway! 

Any questions, please ask here or send me a PM.

Thanks for looking as ever, 😊

Nik

IMG_20200229_110750.jpg

IMG_20200229_104724.jpg

IMG_20200229_105006.jpg

IMG_20200229_104714.jpg

IMG_20200229_105232.jpg

IMG_20200229_105211.jpg

IMG_20200229_104944.jpg

IMG_20200229_104105.jpg

IMG_20200229_104356.jpg

IMG_20200229_105020.jpg

IMG_20200229_104843.jpg

Edited by silverfoxnik
Now SOLD
  • Like 6

6 minutes ago, Al Krow said:

Just for interest (given that it is already sold!), how much does this beauty weigh? 

I'm not sure tbh @Al Krow.Krow. The last one I had was almost 4kg.

It's currently on hold but obviously, things can change in that regard..

This is Basschat after all! 😁

Edited by silverfoxnik
  • Thanks 1