Why become a member? ×

Hi from Edinburgh

grapefruitmoon

Hi all, just stumbled across this site (while looking around to see if anyone had tried flatwounds on a Sire P7!). I first picked up bass 30 years ago when I was 15, but as I was into playing blues and soul and everyone else was into metal, I ended up quickly moving to 6 string guitar. Played (and still do play) in an Americana/Alt-folk acoustic due, but I'm back trying to learn bass properly, including getting rid of all my old bad habits.

Recently I've been getting back into playing blues, with the intention of hitting a blues jam sometime soon-ish. I have the fear.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, grapefruitmoon said:

Recently I've been getting back into playing blues, with the intention of hitting a blues jam sometime soon-ish. I have the fear.

Wighams Blues jam is the only one I know of in Edinburgh. It's organised by Rod Kennard and Sandy Tweeddale.

It's held on the 1st and 3rd Tuesday of every month.

Some excellent players get up and do their thing.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, gjones said:

Wighams Blues jam is the only one I know of in Edinburgh. It's organised by Rod Kennard and Sandy Tweeddale.

It's held on the 1st and 3rd Tuesday of every month.

Some excellent players get up and do their thing.

Hey, thanks! I've been to Whighams a fair bit, a couple of my pals play there. It's the excellent players going up that put the fear in me! 😂

I think Stramash does a jam night as well now, but I've not been.

54 minutes ago, grapefruitmoon said:

Hey, thanks! I've been to Whighams a fair bit, a couple of my pals play there. It's the excellent players going up that put the fear in me! 😂

I think Stramash does a jam night as well now, but I've not been.

It's Sandy Tweeddale again. He gets around :)

• Like 1