Why become a member? ×

Little Mark III modifications.

Beno

Hi folks. It’s been a while.

I bought a LM III a few years back. It’s a decent amp and does what I need it to. However, when I got it first there were a few things that I didn’t like:

1)      It struck me as being a bit vulnerable to getting a smack from something way heavier than it.

2)      The controls were not easy to see at night.

3)      The 'power on' LED was like a laser.

So I decided to do something about it and had a root about in the shed and knocked up this protective case made from some aluminium box section I had.

I also fitted a LED strip over the control panel (12v dc with a separate psu) and put a diffuser over the on LED.

I’ll probably have to sell off all my bass gear ( inc my precious 1975 P bass) due to health stuff  and I was wondering if the LM III...eh...hand crafted case would be something that would be of interest to LM owners? It's a simple job to remove the amp from the case if needed.

The LM III new, is about €70 cheaper now, than when I bought mine and as I’m going to take a hit on the amp, I need to off-set that a bit.

Basically just looking for a bit of feedback. 

Thanks.

LM1.jpg

LM2.jpg

LM3.jpg

LM4.jpg

LM5.jpg

On 28/02/2020 at 22:51, Lozz196 said:

I think that’s great, if I had a Little Mark amp and was in a gigging band I’d certainly be interested, am sure others will be.

Cheers Lozz. It seems us Al fans are a dying breed :)

1 hour ago, yorks5stringer said:

Is it good for Metal?

Absolutely, 

as long as it's non ferrous. 

On 28/02/2020 at 22:51, Lozz196 said:

I think that’s great, if I had a Little Mark amp and was in a gigging band I’d certainly be interested, am sure others will be.

I gigged a LMII and SA450 for a good few years, never felt the need, or needed to cover it in a bulletproof vest. 

Also never had an issue seeing where the knobs are set. Surely you set and forget at sound check? 

I also find light behind me distracting. Just not my thing i guess. 

• Like 1

There's probably one out there but I would be interested in a Markbass LM comparison to the RM500.

I love my little stubby head, but my Markbass LMT and 2x10 traveller makes a great portable rig.  Wondering how the RM range compares for clean bass tone.

2 hours ago, PJ-Bassist said:

There's probably one out there but I would be interested in a Markbass LM comparison to the RM500.

I love my little stubby head, but my Markbass LMT and 2x10 traveller makes a great portable rig.  Wondering how the RM range compares for clean bass tone.

Having had both I don’t think there’s that much difference in the core, flat tone, however for me the RM is much more flexible on the eq.

• Thanks 1

• 1 month later...