Why become a member? ×

Moog Taurus bass pedals

BrunoBass

9 minutes ago, JohnFitzgerald said:

Mine ended costing a little more than that, but it's ended up pretty much exactly how I wanted it.

Looks nothing like a Taurus though, but I'm fine with that. Once I've lacquered the end cheeks, I'll be done.

IMG_1206.jpg

Honestly it doesn't look a million miles away from the taurus, apart from the slope at the top.

I think it looks really cool in the aluminium. If it was mine I would probably fit the synths inside it and have a few footswitches on the top. But then if it was mine it probably wouldn't be done as well!

1 hour ago, JohnFitzgerald said:

Mine ended costing a little more than that, but it's ended up pretty much exactly how I wanted it.

Looks nothing like a Taurus though, but I'm fine with that. Once I've lacquered the end cheeks, I'll be done.

IMG_1206.jpg

Looks great 👍🏻 

1 hour ago, Woodinblack said:

Honestly it doesn't look a million miles away from the taurus, apart from the slope at the top.

I think it looks really cool in the aluminium. If it was mine I would probably fit the synths inside it and have a few footswitches on the top. But then if it was mine it probably wouldn't be done as well!

This is how I'll be using it next time out.
Handy space for my effects processor and the synth, which is a Waldorf rocket.

88212638_3092840870747219_8096271832681807872_n.jpg

• Like 1

5 hours ago, JohnFitzgerald said:

Thank you.

I'm very please at how it's turned out.
The strange thing is, I'm not tending towards an overtly synthy tone, very low cutoff and zero filter resonance.

Just the biggest roundest tone.

I don't blame you John, the Taurus sound is awesome but most people won't know the difference. 

9 hours ago, dmccombe7 said:

Some sound samples would be good John or i could just come along to your Glasgow gig on 26th Mar. 

Dave

I hope all goes ahead there. We're living through interesting times. Our gig the following week in Germany is postponed to later in the year. Cruise to the edge is postponed too.  

• Sad 1

1 hour ago, JohnFitzgerald said:

I hope all goes ahead there. We're living through interesting times. Our gig the following week in Germany is postponed to later in the year. Cruise to the edge is postponed too.  

At the moment its gigs over 500. I think Ivory's holds 150-200 max but that could change at any time John.

What that means for you is that you now need to post some sound samples on here :laugh1:

Dave

1 hour ago, dmccombe7 said:

At the moment its gigs over 500. I think Ivory's holds 150-200 max but that could change at any time John.

What that means for you is that you now need to post some sound samples on here :laugh1:

Dave

I will do. I'll post soon.

Two of our three gigs are now postponed. Innit great ?

• Sad 1

2 hours ago, spectoremg said:

Hi John, I thought this might interest you, purely as a curio, Crumar Bassman. Simple on board synth and the facility to change patches. 

20200316_065634.jpg

It certainly does interest me. 
If I build another of these, ok when I build another, I'd like to do one with an internal synth, possibly based on Arduino or Raspberry pi. that could still have midi output to use an external module if required. 

It's a rabbit hole I didn't expect to go down...

14 minutes ago, JohnFitzgerald said:

If I build another of these, ok when I build another, I'd like to do one with an internal synth, possibly based on Arduino or Raspberry pi. that could still have midi output to use an external module if required.

How about either a teensy or an axoloti?

29 minutes ago, JohnFitzgerald said:

Aye, right !!

German gigged moved to Sept, a week before we're in NL with Pallas. It's not all bad. Franck now looking to cancel Glasgow.

CofE are doing pretty good. Big following these days John. Gigging with Pallas aint too bad. I'm quite the fan of both bands.

We used to rehearse in Cumbernauld when you guys were in and i even bought a MB combo and ext cab based on what i heard form yours in the studios.

Dave

Edited by dmccombe7

2 hours ago, dmccombe7 said:

CofE are doing pretty good. Big following these days John. Gigging with Pallas aint too bad. I'm quite the fan of both bands.

We used to rehearse in Cumbernauld when you guys were in and i even bought a MB combo and ext cab based on what i heard form yours in the studios.

Dave

Dave,
The MB setup works lovely, I have to say.

Yes, I'm forever grateful for that following we have and the gigs we get to do now. It's all a dream for me.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, JohnFitzgerald said:

It's a rabbit hole I didn't expect to go down...

I think you've done a great job and IMO built exactly what's required of bass pedals instead of the over engineered and expensive Taurus III. 

3 hours ago, spectoremg said:

I think you've done a great job and IMO built exactly what's required of bass pedals instead of the over engineered and expensive Taurus III. 

It also didn't cost the £2k or upwards that Taurus would cost, used. If I could find one.

I'm maybe £100 all up. Maybe a little more. I'm still keen to do a simple internal analogue synth. It's all out there and I'll continue to look into it.

• Like 1