Why become a member? ×

Another vinyl bass wrap

Silky999

So finally got the bass back from being wrapped. I’m sure it’s not everyone’s cup of tea but I am a Batman Fanboy. 

It was wrapped by a company in Oxford called Vinyl Revolution and I can honestly say they were an absolute pleasure to deal with. They have wrapped the pickguard to match the image but also wrapped the same image underneath in case I ever want to change the pickguard for a clear one. I supplied the image(found on the internet.) They did the rest. Cost £115 + VAT.
It’s obviously cheaper if they just supply the wrap and you do it yourself. I think that was £30 + VAT to produce a wrap in an image you supplied but I’m not that patient or handy to fit myself lol.

4BB0AA04-9CDA-40E0-9E69-D505683BF4C9.jpeg

• Like 14

They can if you want but I didn't. I was toying with having "Hahahahahaha" up the back of the neck but thought it might interfere with my playing so chose not to.

They have fully wrapped a Fender Stratocaster before included putting a company logo on the fretboard but that was only for display. I dread to think what a wrapped fretboard would play like!

5 hours ago, NancyJohnson said:

This is interesting!

How does the wrap terminate?  What is the edge like? 

So it finishes in the middle of the outer edge of the body if that makes sense and is sealed at the edge with a really narrow clear sealing tape to ensure that it doesn’t lift. 
The only issues I’ve had are the neck being tight to get back into the neck pocket due to the wrap overlap but I didn’t need to do anything just patience and a little KY jelly to help slide it in.

• Haha 1