Why become a member? ×

Radar Love

Mykesbass

Heard this on the radio and it dawned on me that this never makes the list of either essential songs for covers bands or oh no, not that again. Only ever heard it once played at a jam night and it went down a storm. Does anyone include this in their set?

Gratuitous link...

• Like 1

That was Rick expressing his relief that he could stop singing that high. We've already dropped it from F# to E to make it possible for him to sing it, and he has a pretty good range.

The Tokai Thunderbird that I was playing there was kept detuned by a tone and reserved for just this song at each gig. :scratch_one-s_head:

Edited by Happy Jack

Just now, Happy Jack said:

That was Rick expressing his relief that he could stop singing that high. We've already dropped it from F# to E to make it possible for him to sing it, and he has a pretty good range.

The Tokai Thunderbird that I was playing there was kept detuned by a semi and reserved for just this song at each gig. :scratch_one-s_head:

Great excuse for a Thunderbird! 

It's one of those Iconic songs that has to just right otherwise punters will get whizzed off. We talked about putting it into the set a few weeks ago. I'd have been ok with it played as per the original but the guitard wanted to dumb it down, losing all the noodly bits at the end of each vocal line. Luckily the drummer was on my side so the whole idea has been dropped.  To be fair it's a bit stinky poo anyway.

1 hour ago, martthebass said:

Is it right that this was originally played on a Dano Longhorn?

Not sure about the original Mart, but the TOTP appearance definitely had Dano content. (with apologies for J. Saville intro) You know, the one where the drummer jumps over the kit at the end.....

Edited by casapete
  • Like 1