Why become a member? ×

SOLD Acoustic Model 126 / 406 Bass Rig
£500

goblin

Ideally want to sell this complete, but can split if the money’s right.

The head is an Acoustic Model 126, sounds great, works as it should. Had it checked over and serviced a couple of years ago, has worked without issue since. Good condition for its age, though the case lacks a handle. They’re easy enough to sort, I just never got round to it.

The cab is a 406, 2x15 4 Ohm cab. Shifts some serious air and isn’t actually too impractical. Has two heavy duty kick back wheels on it, with decent handles at the top, so very easy to transport. Even stairs and getting it into cars has been pretty easy. Very good condition, with only a few age related marks. Comes with what seems to be (I think) it’s original vinyl cover. If not, it suits the period and it isn’t in a bad state.

I’m after £500 for the complete rig, naturally collection only from Rochdale / Barnsley, but I go all over the place with gigs so there’s a chance I could also meet with it.

49590196452_03503b97ce_b.jpgUntitled by Dave Butterworth, on Flickr

49590196352_b10307773d_b.jpgUntitled by Dave Butterworth, on Flickr

49589955236_27ddb55fb6_b.jpgUntitled by Dave Butterworth, on Flickr

49589463828_7ac51cf15b_b.jpgUntitled by Dave Butterworth, on Flickr

49589955581_bdea7799c0_b.jpgUntitled by Dave Butterworth, on Flickr

49590196687_c14fca6a02_b.jpgUntitled by Dave Butterworth, on Flickr

Edited by goblin
  • Like 5

• 6 months later...
2 hours ago, Steve Browning said:

What a glorious rig. I would have killed for that once.

GLWTS.

Me too!  I might do even now.  It looks like its pictured in a storage facility.  Unfortunately, that's what I'd need to do with it too.  Probably not a great idea but I'd love this and what a bargain (IMO, of course)

11 hours ago, three said:

Me too!  I might do even now.  It looks like its pictured in a storage facility.  Unfortunately, that's what I'd need to do with it too.  Probably not a great idea but I'd love this and what a bargain (IMO, of course)

I keep the majority of my gear in my lockup, but this sits at the back only coming out occasionally. With the rona hitting my gigs and I’m financially cutting back where I can, I want to reduce my unit size until I’ve got a house with a garage, so this is first in line as I haven’t properly gigged it since 2016. The head lives at home though so I can use it every now and again just to make sure the pots remain clean and such. 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 10 months later...

I had a 450 paired with a 406 narrow bought from Kingfisher in 1977 I think. Kept it till the early 90s and foolishly sold it in the 90s.

Biggest selling mistake I ever made,

Absolutely crackin amps.

• goblin changed the title to SOLD Acoustic Model 126 / 406 Bass Rig
  • Silvia Bluejay locked this topic