Why become a member? ×

Rockfield Studios- the movie!

scalpy

2 hours ago, jezzaboy said:

Looks good. Not much info re release though. I bought a book about 10 years ago about the place.

Release date remains a touch uncertain at the moment, but word is a Cardiff premiere. I don’t think the ward family thought the book was that great, the movie  should have a lot more accurate stories (as well as some tall tales!)

• 4 months later...

Got some vague memories of jamming with members of Hawkwind and Teardrop Explodes there, after bumping into them in a local hostelry. My band were at the rehearsal studio bit for the weekend. One of Hawkwind had locked himself in the studio as I recall. It was the early 80’s, so my mullet would have been present to witness the whole chemically enhanced debacle. 

• Haha 2
  • Sad 1

3 minutes ago, scalpy said:

I'm interested to see how many stories make it in. One thing for certain is that Kingsley would have given them plenty to choose from!

I am hoping Budgie are featured. Most people first heard of Rockfield via Black Sabbath I presume but for me it was Budgie.

I was obsessed with them in the early Seventies.....I still love the Seventies albums actually.

7 minutes ago, Raymondo said:

I am hoping Budgie are featured. Most people first heard of Rockfield via Black Sabbath I presume but for me it was Budgie.

I was obsessed with them in the early Seventies.....I still love the Seventies albums actually.

Budgie have certainly been mentioned in the studio's recent social media posts. I would imagine its a given.

• Like 1

On ‎17‎/‎07‎/‎2020 at 08:41, scalpy said:

Budgie have certainly been mentioned in the studio's recent social media posts. I would imagine its a given.

Watching it now. Pretty good doc.  One hour in and we are up to the Nineties.... no mention of Budgie yet:|.

36 minutes ago, Nail Soup said:

Watching it now. Pretty good doc.  One hour in and we are up to the Nineties.... no mention of Budgie yet:|.

No, I was surprised, also not more of Dave Edmunds either. Good fun though, didn't tell the story of Kingsley hiding microphones in the ceilings of the accommodation to capture some of the extra curricular goings on with local star struck ladies though! 

Ahh, can't wait to watch this! Recorded it. I had my stag do staying in the band's accommodation at Rockfield 4 years ago. Kingsley gave us a tour of the studios on one of the days... I'm intrigued about which of his stories made the cut 🤣

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, Jerk Alert said:

Ahh, can't wait to watch this! Recorded it. I had my stag do staying in the band's accommodation at Rockfield 4 years ago. Kingsley gave us a tour of the studios on one of the days... I'm intrigued about which of his stories made the cut 🤣

Plenty of people might be following in your footsteps- apparently their website crashed last night from the interest! 

4 minutes ago, scalpy said:

Plenty of people might be following in your footsteps- apparently their website crashed last night from the interest! 

Oh wow! That's brilliant. Well, we had the best time. I hope all the bookings will help support the studio and keep the place running

Did The Damned get a mention?  They recorded two of their finest albums there, The Black Album (1980) and Strawberries (1982) and The Damned being The Damned got up to some expected buffoonery. eg. taking the Tubular Bells out into the court yard and blasting them with a shotgun at three in the morning.

3 hours ago, bassbiscuits said:

Liam Gallagher seems to be a lovely man doesn’t he? Not. Trying far far too hard to come across as a rockstar, but actually just comes across as a total @r$e 

and Bonehead too, never was a guy more aptly named......

back to the Welsh bit, they obviously decided the Charlatans are/were a bigger band than MSP

Edited by yorks5stringer