Why become a member? ×

Mackie HR824 Mk2 THX - Professional Studio Monitors (PAIR) ***SOLD***
£400
N O R W I C H

Up for sale is a pair of award winning top-of-the-range Mackie Studio Monitors. THX certified - and you won't need an additional sub!

These have been in my "studio" space providing big sounds for both the enjoyment of music and whilst I am teaching. They are used and there are marks around the cabinets where they have been moved from one house to another.

I've never needed to push them (due to working from home and can't wake the kids etc etc). The only foible I know about these speakers is that one  doesn't drop in to "sleep" mode - i.e. powering down when they haven't been used for an extended period. But that's super fine as the on/off switch is on the front of the cabinet anyway!

Now, they ARE boxed up in a proper Mackie shipping carton ready to go after coming off my desk this morning. However I would strongly recommend collection. especially at this price. These things are +£600 EACH at online prices. The pair for £400 - Bank Transfer or Cash on collection.

If you must have them shipped, I will recommend a courier but arranging is for you - As I say, collection is recommended but if you must, then shipping is your responsibility. Look at them beautiful cones! They're all fragile and everything!!!!

These things sound blooming lovely and have helped me record bass for more than one album.

https://mackie.com/products/hrmk2-series-professional-studio-monitors

hr824_3qtr_left_0_0.jpg

hr824_rear_0_0.jpg

CURVES

ZERO-EDGE BAFFLE™

The one-piece cast aluminum Zero Edge Baffle™ features precisely engineered curvature that minimizes diffraction for a crystal clear image of your mix, and effectively controls sound waves so you get detailed lows, full, articulate mids, and shimmering highs.

POWER

PRECISION AMPLIFICATION

The HRmk2 Series monitors contain separate onboard amplifiers for each driver, plus onboard active crossovers and time-correction circuitry, which helps ensure highs and lows reach your ears at the same time. The HRmk2s also have protection circuitry built in to protect from damaging input levels. 

CRAFTSMANSHIP

UNPARALLELED QUALITY

We go to elaborate lengths to ensure each HRmk2 sounds as good as our experts intended. Each one we manufacture is subject to rigorous testing and pre-screening during the production process, then calibrated and tuned with an environmentally controlled test chamber before final packaging.

WOOD

CABINET DESIGN

The HRmk2 monitors feature a wood cabinet, with custom internal bracing to increase its strength and rigidity in desired locations. To absorb internal reflections and dampen standing waves inside the cabinet, an open-cell adiabatic foam material is placed strategically inside the box

NDICATE

POWER AND OVERLOAD LED

Our LED power indicator is a tasty shade of white and red for when things get pushed a little too hard. We took care to make sure the brightness is just right, too. The light shines bright enough so you can see it just fine in a well-lit room, and in a dark environment, it won’t distract or blind you.

Edited by Dood
  • Like 1