Why become a member? ×

Musicman SUB - not so rare.

40hz

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/MusicMan-2003-Stingray-Sub-Aqua-Marine-RARE/324083429621?hash=item4b74e0b0f5:g:DI0AAOSwmeNeL2NF

In "VERY RARE" rare "Aquamarine"  . . . 

Actually no, that colour would be Teal and they're really quite common in that colour. Extremely optimistic pricing if you ask me.

Looks clean though and they are wonderful basses.

Edited by 40hz

Top money!  The description of the parts used isn't completely accurate either.  I'm sure this is an excellent bass though.

I have one in white/tort.  It's a little heavy but well balanced, so I can manage long gigs quite well with it.

Frank.

Edited by machinehead

• 2 weeks later...
On 27/02/2020 at 18:37, Beedster said:

Or Best Offer

Seller might accept £500, at which price it’s a bargain (although IMO in real terms it’s actually worth what the seller is asking) 

Apparently not. I messaged him saying it's not rare and that was a production colour. Still wants £650...

On 27/02/2020 at 18:26, Roger2611 said:

I brought mine for £300.00 which I thought was just below market value at the time

On 11/03/2020 at 19:39, sprocketflup said:

Paid £200 for mine....

I've no doubt guys, but as an instrument the original US Subs - as opposed to the more recent SUB series - are really not far off the US Stingrays in terms of quality, and therefore it's not unreasonable to consider them close to those in terms of real cash value. 

14 hours ago, Beedster said:

I've no doubt guys, but as an instrument the original US Subs - as opposed to the more recent SUB series - are really not far off the US Stingrays in terms of quality, and therefore it's not unreasonable to consider them close to those in terms of real cash value. 

I totally agree. My USA SUB (in ultra-rare BLACK! :D) is starting to get played more than my Flea at this point in time.

They really are wonderful basses and weirdly, still somewhat slept on. My main issue was with the 'rare aquamarine' statement. It doesn't take more than 2 minutes of google research to see this clearly is not a rare colour and probably the most common colour I've seen them in.