Why become a member? ×

Anyone gigged at The Bell, Bicester ?

fleabag

Just wondering about room for a largish 7 piece, but 3 of those are singers so dont take up much space as the intruments, as they cram togther at the front

They asked our guitarman how much we charge.  Bearing in mind pubs dont pay a great deal, and The Bell dont charge entry, so has anyone played there and what is a reasonable fee ?  We kind of figured around £245, which makes dividing up the money easy

I’ve played there many times, both solo and with the band - great crowd (usually); the stage is rectangular, deep rather than wide so you should all fit on but some of you will be at the back. Tell your band mates to watch their heads though as there is a hefty wooden beam quite low over the stage.

It has a hollow wooden stage so I always put my cab on a table otherwise it was too boomy. Load-in is through the beer garden at the back; there is a lay-by across the road for short term parking (I think it’s disabled parking) but there’s longer term (free at night) parking just around the corner. 

Annoyingly, the staff make frequent visits to the storage room, which is accessed down the side of the stage.... but there you go. 

It’s usually a good gig, when are you playing? I might pop down.  

Edited by BrunoBass
  • Like 3