Why become a member? ×

Not Bass Related Nita Strauss

Bluewine

1 hour ago, Bluewine said:

I wonder how they can afford that tour bus. It must cost at least  1k a day to keep it on the road.

Blue

Cheaper than paying milage and overnights for a group of musicians. And you are not herding cats because everyone is in the same place. 

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Bluewine said:

I wonder how they can afford that tour bus. It must cost at least  1k a day to keep it on the road.

Blue

When I've done bus tours, it's been because it's cost effective compared to the alternative of hotel rooms for 10 or so people, plus ground transport and flights for same. 

Living in a metal box on wheels with a large group of people and no real personal space takes a bit of getting used to, but as a tech, it's nice to finish a load out, roll in to your bunk, and wake up fresh outside the next gig, instead of having to deal with the hassles of bus/airport/whatever and arrive at the next show still tired and fed up!

• Like 1

12 hours ago, mike257 said:

When I've done bus tours, it's been because it's cost effective compared to the alternative of hotel rooms for 10 or so people, plus ground transport and flights for same. 

Living in a metal box on wheels with a large group of people and no real personal space takes a bit of getting used to, but as a tech, it's nice to finish a load out, roll in to your bunk, and wake up fresh outside the next gig, instead of having to deal with the hassles of bus/airport/whatever and arrive at the next show still tired and fed up!

Sounds good

Blue

On 24/02/2020 at 21:13, Bluewine said:

This is just stuff that gets me thinking how lucky some young musicians get.

Keep in mind this is stuff I always wanted but was not in the cards for me.

Nita's Tour Bus

the trust issues are quite telling, with her not feeling comfortable using the shower. #metoo fail?

• Like 1

Jesus that video makes me realise I never would have cut it as a touring musician even if I had the technical chops...

Just imagining being in that closer quarters with other people makes me feel quite unwell 😕

I’d have to skip directly to the private hotel suite megastar stage 😐

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, CamdenRob said:

Jesus that video makes me realise I never would have cut it as a touring musician even if I had the technical chops...

Just imagining being in that closer quarters with other people makes me feel quite unwell 😕

Very much depends on the people you're with. I did a run last year where we were on two buses for a bit. Seemed to naturally separate in to the quiet bus and the party bus. We had a couple of last minute escapees join our bus when they realised it was the more civilised option 🤣

• Like 2

On 28/02/2020 at 15:57, CamdenRob said:

I would love to be touring from town to town on that bus. I could do it with my band. I've known them for 9 years and they're top notch people and cool to be around 

Blue

FB_IMG_1582043909186.jpg

Edited by Bluewine
  • Like 1

On 26/02/2020 at 01:59, mike257 said:

Nobody on that bus is a known brand or famous. I don't know how they can  afford that bus or hotel rooms.

I would bet they're playing small venues at $10.00-$15.00 per ticket.

Blue

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, operative451 said:

I'm not super sure how you make money off youtube but she has over 44,000 subscribers... https://www.youtube.com/user/hurricanenita/videos You can definitely make a living at that level!

Nita also does a ton of clinics when she's not on the road with Alice. She has a deal with Ibanez. Then she has side gigs with the band Sound Check, which is The Alice Cooper band 

I'm not sure she takes her own money to fund that bus.

Blue