Why become a member? ×

No Longer Available Cerwin Vega 18" 70's style bass cab. only £99 !
£99
Worthing, West Sussex

Chimike

Another marmite item from my hoard of unusual bass cabs. I bought this, as I wanted the Cerwin Vega speaker chassis for my Acoustic 301 restoration which I have kept. The cab is now fitted with a superb cast JBL 18"speaker, and sounds great. The cab was sold to me as made in the 70's, however, the condition is so good that it's hard to believe , so I make no promises, just say it is as it is. Would be great for a Led Zep, Average White Band, or Steve Marriott tribute band, need the space, so ( peanuts ) £99 collection only from Ferring, near Worthing.

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

Edited by Chimike
  • Like 1

Luckily I live in Edinburgh... 'cos 'being over 60' and 'having no need' are NOT accepable reasons not to buy this cab at the asking price... used a 371 rig for yonks... 1x18 folded horns... NONE more room filling (read ANY room/hall/stadium) LOVE the white CV baffle... all the best!!

Edited by rumour6
  • Like 1

Wow - I had one of these (well a custom built copy with an additional front firing 12 in the centre of the fold - it had belonged to Sad Cafe) - a monster in every respect. I paired it with a 15” folded horn too. It caused chest pain and interfered with breathing at around 20 feet - seriously. I was supporting Angelwitch years back and there were audience complaints just from my backline. Wondrous. I’d struggle to even wheel this now but I’d love to try

• Like 3

53 minutes ago, three said:

Wow - I had one of these (well a custom built copy with an additional front firing 12 in the centre of the fold - it had belonged to Sad Cafe) - a monster in every respect. I paired it with a 15” folded horn too. It caused chest pain and interfered with breathing at around 20 feet - seriously. I was supporting Angelwitch years back and there were audience complaints just from my backline. Wondrous. I’d struggle to even wheel this now but I’d love to try

I had the B36mf and 118B

FB_IMG_1466602839611.jpg

• Like 1

23 hours ago, Chimike said:

Another marmite item from my hoard of unusual bass cabs. I bought this, as I wanted the Cerwin Vega speaker chassis for my Acoustic 301 restoration which I have kept. The cab is now fitted with a superb cast JBL 18"speaker, and sounds great. The cab was sold to me as made in the 70's, however, the condition is so good that it's hard to believe , so I make no promises, just say it is as it is. Would be great for a Led Zep, Average White Band, or Steve Marriott tribute band, need the space, so ( peanuts ) £99 collection only from Ferring, near Worthing.

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

Mike, you are without doubt the Overlord of Coolest Ever Retro Bass Cabs! 😁

Does it come with a couple of free roadies? 

• Like 1

?

However, it's at this stage I point out that heaviness is relative !

I've just pulled this lot out, on my own, to photograph it, and get it back inside before the rain started again, and I have a bad back . There is something special about those old W-bin designs.

image.jpeg

Edited by Chimike
Add info
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Chimike said:

?

I've just pulled this lot out, on my own, to photograph it, and get it back inside before the rain started again, and I have a bad back . There is something special about those old W-bin designs.

image.jpeg

Sir, I salute you in just about every respect!

• Like 2

Chimike, you have a trove of epic gear!

My back is aching just looking at it 🤤

Had some JBL loaded W bass bins as part of a band pa many years ago & put my bass through them both as backline one night, resulting trouser flap was very satisfying. Ooerr missus etc 😉

If you have a man & van, thats £99 very well spent. GLWTS.

On 25/02/2020 at 18:08, Chimike said:

?

image.jpeg

And this ladies and gentlemen, is the definition of addiction 😮😉😂

On 25/02/2020 at 08:49, silverfoxnik said:

Mike, you are without doubt the Overlord of Coolest Ever Retro Bass Cabs! 😁

Does it come with a couple of free roadies? 

On 25/02/2020 at 09:00, Chimike said:

Yep, dressed as bunny girls !

:useless:

• Haha 1