Why become a member? ×

SOLD Squier Vintage Modified 5 string Jazz Bass £265 SOLD
£295
Chichester or London for collection

musicbassman

This is my Squier Vintage Modified five-string Jazz Bass. I bought this a couple of years ago to see if I wanted to change to a five string, but having played a four string bass for the last 50 years I have to accept I’m too old to change now !  I first advertised this on here just before lockdown but now there's possibly a light at the end of the Covid tunnel it's back up for sale.

It dates from 2017, is all original and everything works perfectly. Strings were new on when I bought it (Rotosound medium gauge roundwounds) and as it’s only had very light home use they are still very bright. Pickups are loud and clean and there is a huge tone range on the instrument. It's a lot of bass for the money.

The scratchplate shown was already fitted when it was purchased. There are a few minor marks and chips on the finish which are shown in the pics, these are cosmetic only and came with the bass when I bought it. Instrument comes with a hard case which is very solid and serviceable.

You can arrange for this to be sent to you by courier if you wish, it's in a good solid case so should be fine, your responsibility to arrange this. Preferably the buyer collects from Chichester where I live or you could collect from London. (My son lives in London at Fulham and you can easily collect it from there by arrangement)

Here’s the original sales information:

Squier's five-string Vintage Modified Jazz Bass® V has a handsome white gloss finish, a soft maple body and one-piece maple neck with sharp-looking, elegant black binding and block inlays. Offering flexibility for today's modern styles that demand a deep low end, this bass offers superior sound and feel for the five-string bassist, with excellent Squier performance and value. Featuring a Soft maple body, Vintage-tint maple neck with “C”-shaped profile, 20-fret fingerboard with black binding and black block inlays, Dual Fender®-designed single-coil Jazz Bass pickups, Black pickguard, Five-string standard vintage-style bridge with single-groove saddles. The neck on this model sports a vintage-tinted gloss finish for a highly desirable aged look. This model has a slightly thinner "C"-shaped neck profile (the shape of the neck in cross section) than most models, providing a fast, smooth and comfortable fret-hand feel. These Fender-designed pickups are full of growling, authentic Fender tone.

Body Shape: Jazz Bass

Body: Soft Maple

Body Finish: Polyester sharp-looking black binding and block inlays

Body Shape: Jazz Bass®

Neck: Maple, "C" Shape

Weight: 10lbs approx

Squier 5  (1).JPG

Squier 5  (3).JPG

Squier 5  (4).JPG

Squier 5  (5).JPG

Squier 5  (6).JPG

Squier 5  (7).JPG

Squier 5  (8).JPG

Squier 5  (9).JPG

Edited by musicbassman
Price change and use of courier OK
  • Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • musicbassman changed the title to SOLD Squier Vintage Modified 5 string Jazz Bass £265 SOLD
  • MB1 locked this topic