Why become a member? ×

SOLD Yamaha BB605 £220
£280
South Northants

mrtcat

£220

I'm having a bit of a clear out of basses as I have a few new ones incoming and could do with freeing up some cash.

I bought this a few years back on this very forum. It is absolutely lovely but just a little unnecessary for me so I can't justify keeping it with a 5 string Dingwall soon to arrive. It's a lovely bass and these are so much better than the price would suggest. It's beautifully put together and has a full active preamp that has bass / treble and then a mid switch which activates a mid cut / boost circuit. Very similar in many ways to the way more expensive BBNE basses. I find the sound of this to be great at cutting through in a mix and it has lovely growl. Currently wearing some new Maruszyczyk strings.

It is in really great condition with the exception of some scratches below the neck pickup that are hard to capture. With it being a natural finish without lacquer these could easily be lightly sanded out and the body re oiled. Weight is 4.2kg / 9.2lbs.

I have an old gig bag that it will come with but no hard case.

Collection preferred from NN12 (South Northants) where you are welcome to try it out with a nice amp and a cuppa. I also travel a lot for gigs so may be able to meet up somewhere. Courier also possible but at buyer's expense. Cash / Bank transfer / paypal gift accepted. No trades thanks.

20200223_112639.jpg

20200223_112646.jpg

20200223_112708.jpg

20200223_112724.jpg

20200223_112807.jpg

20200223_112814.jpg

Can be seen and heard in this questionable video

Edited by mrtcat
Sold
  • Like 7

• 3 months later...

I have a BBNE1 and it's great. I don't know too much about the 605. Obviously it is a lot cheaper than the NE1.

are the pickups single coil or humbuckers? I think on the NE2 they look like these but are humbucking.

im in north London and could meet up with within social distance regs...

• 4 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • MB1 locked this topic