Why become a member? ×

*Traded* Sadowsky NYC Modern 24-5 (1996!)
£2700
Hilversum, The Netherlands

will4bass

Sadowsky Modern Player 24-5 from 1996 with a Glockenklang 2 band pre amp and Seymour Duncan dual coils with a three position switch allowing to choose for inner coils, outer coils and both coils making this an extremely versatile bass. Compared with the more common jazz basses Sadowsky produces I would say this (old) Modern bass is closer to a mix of Music Man and a Precision, although, with the dual coils bright/airy J’like settings are very well possible too. The bass has been played for sure, someone during it's long history someone has put a pickguard on it (I never had it) and the bridge has been replaced with a by Roger recommended Omega bridge, but technically it is 100%. The frets have many many years of life to go. The bass comes with the original EMG pickups and Sadowsky pre-amp: do note that this amp is designed for active pickups so won't work well with passive pickups. Maybe only a small adjustment is needed for this: I don't know to be honest. I do know this is a great bass but I prefer playing more traditional jazz basses so time for this baby to find a new owner. Comes with a sturdy but non original hard case. Oh yes, the neck is maple, the fretboard is ebony and most likely the body is ash. The weight is about 3800 grams (not even chambered!). Very well balanced and action as low as you wanna go. 

Asking £2200 (!) with either the actual fitted SD/Glock or the original Sadowsky/EMG. With both sets asking £2400. Quite a fair deal IMHO.

IMG_4148.jpeg

Edited by will4bass
  • Like 2

9 hours ago, SzunaP said:

Do you have some sound samples somewhere, or a YT video possibly? Very curious for this upgrade, it seems to me a brilliant idea.

I have no clips available right now. Compared with the EMG's it is a huge step forward in every aspect: I would say that even if you like the EMG sound you get it better with these SD's! Even Roger is offering this solution now in some of his NYC basses. They are expensive: €350-ish and then they need to be installed. I had it done by a professional luthier.