Why become a member? ×

Withdrawn - Musicman Stingray with East MMSR preamp
£900
South Northamptonshire

mrtcat

Time to thin the herd a bit. Due to a couple of new basses incoming I'm putting a few up for sale. First up is my 2015 Stingray 4 string.

The bass was made on November 19th 2015 and weighs 9lb 20z (4.2kg). I have owned it since September 2017 having bought it from the original owner who is also on this forum (Chilliwailer). 

It's not immaculate as i have probably done 100 ish gigs with it. It has been well looked after but there is one annoying little chip on the top edge of the body which I did myself when taking the strap off at the end of a gig. The straplock mechanism on my strap somehow flapped and hit the bass leaving the chip. There are two little dents (one on the tip of the top horn and the other about 2 inches from the chip on the top edge). There is also some scuff marks on the rear from shirt buttons which I think would buff out but are definitely currently visible. 

It sounds and plays great. The neck isn't as chunky as my previous stingray and has more of a chunky jazz bass feel then the usual baseball bat on a stingray. The east preamp is great and much more 70s stingray sounding then the factory 3 band preamp. I still have the original 3 band preamp and will of course include this with the sale. Currently it's strung with Ernie Ball Slinkys which have probably done about 12 gigs so well worn in but still very much alive. It also comes with the original hard shell case which has a few superficial scuffs having been to a good few gigs but is other than that completely intact. I also have a black pickguard which I will include too.

Any questions at all just ask. No trades please. I will courier at buyers expense but I gig all over the uk so may be able to meet somewhere. You are very welcome to come and try it out here in South Northants. Payment by cash, bank transfer or paypal gift. 

S1.jpg

S2.jpg

S3.jpg

S4.jpg

S5.jpg

S6.jpg

S7.jpg

S8.JPG

S9.jpg

20200302_203045.jpg

20200302_203103.jpg

20200302_203208.jpg

Edited by mrtcat

31 minutes ago, Chiliwailer said:

Damn, another of my lovely ex basses comes up for grabs...

This one is a killer IMO. I’m not into white basses, but this was so good that I had to have it, and only regretfully sold it when I got my HH Special. 

GLWTS 

Thanks Dan,

Its really a lovely bass and the first stingray that I really gelled with. If I hadn't spent so much on new basses recently and didn't  have my eye on another it would be staying for sure. 

• Like 1

• MB1 locked this topic