Why become a member? ×

Maruszczyk strings

Merton

Anyone got any experience of their stainless steel rounds? How do they compare with the big boys of the strong world?

Struggling to find any medium scale stainless rounds in a 5 string set, these look like a good price and I’ll prob take the plunge one way or the other anyway but always good to hear experiences :)

Most of these branded strings come from few string manufacturers in the world. These are companies like Rotosound, D'Addario, and GHS. There may be recipes that are not available to others, like special gauges.

Now, nearly any string is usable in a shorter scale instrument. Is there some issue with longer scale strings?

Yep, aware that Maruszczyk won’t be winding these themselves but interested in people’s opinions of them :)

As for the standard/shorter scale sets, I’ve tended to find that the B string in particular becomes a bit flabby when using a longer scale set. Medium scale strings tend to be wound to compensate for the shorter scale by adding tension and/or mass to the core and just work “better” in my opinion :)

• Like 1

I’ve had Maruszczyk Nickel Rounds on my Dingwall Super P and really like them - they started out very bright and I had to take some of the edge off with the tone knob initially but they quickly settled down into a lovely mellower tone. Superb feel under the fingers too, for my taste. I preferred their tension and texture to D’Addario NYXLs. Obviously the Stainless rounds will feel and sound different but given my experience with the nickels I’d happily try the steels too. I’m actually tempted to give Maruszczyk’s flats a go as well!

Edited by CameronJ
  • Thanks 1