Why become a member? ×

Frist gig booked

markytbass

[quote name='markytbass' post='402931' date='Feb 7 2009, 05:07 PM']After showing our potential at a local open mic night we have been booked at the Quakerhouse Darlington for the 30th September. Like I say I hope it's not our first gig but it's getting the ball rolling.[/quote]

Surely you mean that it wont be the LAST you play?

[quote]If you all go on a diet now, you'll be able to fit on that Stage by September. I bet you're looking forward to it though, stunning audience and one of the easiest load-ins ever.[/quote]

Ha, yea, we're only a trio with a small set up and don't move about much. I have seen 4 and 5 piece bands there with full Marshall stacks and a huge drum kit squashed in. It's sort of my local, as in it takes about 10 mins for me to walk there so I go down most Wednsdays to sample the ale and watch the bands. Access is good unless someone parks across the end of the alley (like they did on Tuesday night). Oh and there's the resident heckler Marty who's good for a laugh.

[quote name='markytbass' post='403257' date='Feb 8 2009, 10:56 AM']Access is good unless someone parks across the end of the alley (like they did on Tuesday night).[/quote]

Played there a couple of years ago, and a Nissan Micra had done just that. ;) Five Band members, two roadies, and a couple of passers-by (who thought it was a great laugh) and the Micra was parked sideways in the middle of the road. That's one idiot who'll think twice before doing it again. :P

[quote name='BigAlonBass' post='403399' date='Feb 8 2009, 02:35 PM']Played there a couple of years ago, and a Nissan Micra had done just that. ;) Five Band members, two roadies, and a couple of passers-by (who thought it was a great laugh) and the Micra was parked sideways in the middle of the road. That's one idiot who'll think twice before doing it again. :P[/quote]

I remember some guy with a knob for a head parked his car right behind someone so they couldn't get out and he was on a double yellow line blocking the alleyway right next to our house. I guess Jeremy Clarkson is right about cocks starting to drive audis.

As for the gig i haven't done a gig in a while! The problem is i can't find any band members, our band really needs 2 guitar players a bass player and a drummer for the music that we're doing (maybe someone on keyboards as well). However we only have 3 people at the moment and i think the bass player is on her way out (never comes to any practices) so that leaves me and the guitar player. I really don't know if we'll ever get to the point of being a full band, we just can't seem to find the people for it.