Why become a member? ×

When you can't let go..

alembic1989

I've got a gorgeous 70's BC Rich Eagle bass( fretless)... always desired one since a kid. Had it up for sale here a while back...then withdrew it.

Actually sold it on Reverb last week and got the money. Had a little play on it before packing it off to Spain... just couldn't do it...its just bloody nice.

Refunded the money yesterday and kept the bass...I feel so happy!

....when you just can't let go..

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

16 minutes ago, BassTractor said:

Never mind you're not a man but just a weasel... tough titty mate...

Bit strong I think..just loved my bass too much to sell..genuine change of heart...and apologized to the guy twice...hardly a weasel.

Edited by alembic1989
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, alembic1989 said:

He was gutted..and angry...threats of negative feedback etc....

Never mind I still got my bass... tough titty mate..

I was with you until the  tough tity mate comment.  No need. Just blew your credibility. Everyone gets seller's remorse but no need for the attitude. 

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

20 minutes ago, alembic1989 said:

Bit strong I think..just loved my bass too much to sell..genuine change of heart...and apologized to the guy twice...hardly a weasel.

Yes, you're right, and I shouldn't have written that harshly.
Sorry.
It was the "tough titty" bit that got me over the edge, and just so we know where we stand, you should have made a firm decision before listing it, and you should've stood by that choice.
Just imagine the comments here on BC if a guitar player, a drummer or a keyboard player had acted similarly and you had been the buyer...

Edited by BassTractor
  • Like 4

You already knew this had sentimental value. The "have a little play" on it should have happened either before sale or before any money changed hands. The instrument was effectively the buyers at that moment only for you to have a change of mind at that point? I totally understand the upsetof the buyer. I love Eagle basses and I will only ever dream of owning one. I am sure the fretless versions are even harder to come by. Knowing the sort of value these have and the amount of money most likely handed over by the buyer, I think the "tough titty" attitude is well out of order.

• Like 3

3 hours ago, binky_bass said:

All you've done is tell everyone on BC to never buy anything from you. 

You, sir, are very wise. That of course was indeed the purpose of the whole thread:
"Hon, I tried to sell it, honest! Noooobody wants to buy it!"
I feel so manipulated right now.
😁

Edited by BassTractor