Why become a member? ×

Custom Jazz with Alpher neck TRADED
£1300
Hexham

walshy

Open to trades P bass/Stingray/Cabs etc...

Would rather not part it out if possible. £1000 cash price deal til Sunday evening. 

Custom Alpher Jazz

Bought for a project I’m no longer doing and I’m not a Jazz Bass fan so up for sale.

Custom Jazz Bass comprising a Pau Ferro / Ebony (f/board) handmade by Alpher Instruments.This neck was handmade to fit the Warmoth (USA) Alder Jazz bass body This has an added flame maple laminate top and finished in tru oil.

In excellent condition (just a couple of minor marks/dings which may show in photos). 

Fitted with Fender Custom Shop 60’s Pick ups and brand new John East Deluxe Pre which works both passive and active.  John sent me two additional plates 2 x chrome and 1 x black. All will be included

I also have a passive VVT and another John East East Mid Sweep/Boost (active; 9v battery below bell-plate) which provides increased/additional tonal boost/variation(s) (or which can be dialled-out – or battery removed – to give std. Passive J tones. This is also included.

The chrome hardware is high-quality Hipshot (USA) plus J. East original knobs (3 std. Plus one stacked). 

This bass has been totally overhauled and upgraded and is a killer Jazz. I just ain’t a jazz guy! 

Comes in a generic hard case!

Edited by walshy
  • Like 5

21 minutes ago, molan said:

Interesting, don’t think I’ve seen a pau ferro neck before (I thought you meant the board was some kind of hybrid construction from the original post). 

Yeah the neck is sublime, Ebony fretboard is lush. It’s a cool thing 🤘

5 hours ago, Bassbandit said:

Was one on here a year ago or so, identical too this and was traded. Nice bass by the way

Yeah, may be the same one. Had tonerider pups in it. I have replaced them with Fender CS 60, John East Retro Deluxe pre and a strip down and refinish. Was for a band that wanted me to use a Jazz, however it never panned out and its P basses all the way for me ( oh and Modulus 😂) Cheers man

6 hours ago, molan said:

Is this bass owned by a retail outlet or an individual?

Or maybe being sold by a retailer on commission and also advertised privately here?

I’m confused now :(

I’ll message you, I own the bass privately mate. 

Just now, Bassbandit said:

This is the one that got away for me, should of snapped it up back then before the guy traded it. Stunning bass and probaly sounds even better.

Yeah it’s epic with the CS pups and Deluxe Pre. Sad to see it sitting not being gigged

• MB1 locked this topic