Why become a member? ×

Project Basses (About 12 to get rid of)

Chownybass

I have about 12 completed bodies/necks for the NT series basses (some 4 string, some 5 string) that the factory forgot to fit the carbon fibre neck rods for. I was originally going to bin them in India (which seems somewhat wasteful). But I don't want them getting out into the marketplace with my name on them - as they do not match our advertised spec. (not that they are bad by any means)

Do you think it'd be worth bringing them over and offering them up on here (obviously for a small sum of money)? Are there enough DIY bass tinkerers to make this worth my while? 

TA! 

Stephen

• Like 5

for me it would depend how far through the build process they are (what routing/drilling has been done) also do they need the fretboard removed and carbon reinforcement put in? personally the earlier they have been removed from the build process the more likely i'd want one (different pickups maybe and passive rather than active)

as an aside, what string spacing does the NT5 have at the nut and bridge? your website gives 38mm as the nut which looks like a typo as the nt4 has a 38mm nut as well (standard jazz dimension)

the idea of a customised 32" 5 string is quite appealing.

Matt

If there's a fretless 4, I'm interested, and even if it's not a fretless, I'll defret it.

They are 32 inches scale, right ?

32,7 inches, I've seen it on your website.

I'm in for one NT 4 (fretless or fretted).

Edited by Hellzero