Why become a member? ×

Aguilar SL 410 vs. Aguilar DB 410

Dbass4life

Hello all.  I have Aguilar equipment.  So I'm familiar with and use it professionally.  I'm about to get a 410 cab.  DB 410 vs. SL 410.  I know theres a major weight difference.  Would I be losing any phat punch and tonal quality going with the SL 410?  Please give me your experience and opinions.

I used a DB410 and DB115 with a DB750 head and the combination was phenomenal. For smaller gigs I left the 115 at home and just used the 410 and it was just as good. Tight lows and good mid range.

I sold both cabs due to weight (and space) issues. I believe the SL cabs are lighter but perhaps not as light as other neo cabs.

Still got the DB750 head though. Can’t bear to part with that.

On 19/02/2020 at 19:22, Dbass4life said:

Hello all.  I have Aguilar equipment.  So I'm familiar with and use it professionally.  I'm about to get a 410 cab.  DB 410 vs. SL 410.  I know theres a major weight difference.  Would I be losing any phat punch and tonal quality going with the SL 410?  Please give me your experience and opinions.

Probably find more info in the Amp and Cab forum.

Edited by dave_bass5

Gigged both a number of times with a tonehammer 500 head. Personally I find the DB410 a far more enjoyable cab to use, but it's certainly heavier and chunkier. I did like the SL but found it a bit weak in comparison. I actually now use the Fender Neo 410, as I found it to be similar in tone and dimensions to the DB, but a similar weight to the SL!