Left leaderboard
Dbass4life

Aguilar SL 410 vs. Aguilar DB 410

Hello all.  I have Aguilar equipment.  So I'm familiar with and use it professionally.  I'm about to get a 410 cab.  DB 410 vs. SL 410.  I know theres a major weight difference.  Would I be losing any phat punch and tonal quality going with the SL 410?  Please give me your experience and opinions.

I used a DB410 and DB115 with a DB750 head and the combination was phenomenal. For smaller gigs I left the 115 at home and just used the 410 and it was just as good. Tight lows and good mid range.

I sold both cabs due to weight (and space) issues. I believe the SL cabs are lighter but perhaps not as light as other neo cabs.

Still got the DB750 head though. Can’t bear to part with that.

On 19/02/2020 at 19:22, Dbass4life said:

Hello all.  I have Aguilar equipment.  So I'm familiar with and use it professionally.  I'm about to get a 410 cab.  DB 410 vs. SL 410.  I know theres a major weight difference.  Would I be losing any phat punch and tonal quality going with the SL 410?  Please give me your experience and opinions.

Probably find more info in the Amp and Cab forum.

Edited by dave_bass5

Gigged both a number of times with a tonehammer 500 head. Personally I find the DB410 a far more enjoyable cab to use, but it's certainly heavier and chunkier. I did like the SL but found it a bit weak in comparison. I actually now use the Fender Neo 410, as I found it to be similar in tone and dimensions to the DB, but a similar weight to the SL!

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By DarylClayton
      Fantastic and lightweight amp at 4.9lbs, with plenty of power and clean headroom at 700watts.
      Works great with a 4ohm 4x10. Can also be used at 8ohms and 2.67 ohms.
      Power Output: 700 watts @ 2.67 or 4 ohms, 350 watts @ 8 ohms
      Preamp Section: Solid State
      Power Section: Class D
      The bass and treble boost buttons also add plenty of low end definition and top end sparkle.
      Included is a very well padded Aguilar gig bag. I also have original packaging for shipping.
      Thanks

• By deanovw
      Sold
      I am selling a nearly new Aguliar AG 700 amp head. I am just not using it at the moment. Its a great amp and I love it, I just wish I had more gigs.

Blurb:
      The AG 700 has the clarity, dynamic range and fast transient response of the legendary AG 500 with a big low-end and high headroom. This solid state amplifier provides 700 continuous watts at 4 ohms while only weighing 4.9 lbs. (2.22 kg)!
      Boasting an incredibly flexible EQ section, the AG 700 features controls for Treble, High Mid, Low Mid and Bass along with Deep and Bright EQ switches for a broadband boost. The AG 700 also features a series effects loop, XLR balanced output and two rear panel speakon outputs.
      AG 700 FEATURES
      Power Output: 700 watts @ 2.67 or 4 ohms, 350 watts @ 8 ohms
      Preamp Section: Solid State
      Power Section: Class D
      Transformer: Switching mode power supply (SMPS)
      EQ Section:
      Bass: +/- 17 dB @ 40 Hz
      Deep: +6 dB <250 Hz
      Low Mid: +/- 15 dB @ 300 Hz
      High Mid: +/- 14dB @ 800 Hz
      Treble: +/- 14 dB @ 4 kHz
      Bright: +6 dB >3 kHz, shelving
      -10dB input pad
      Tuner output
      Inputs: One 1/4″ input jack, compatible with all active and passive basses
      Speaker Outputs: Two Neutrik Speakon speaker outputs
      Effects Loop: Series operation. Adds 6 dB of additional gain, making it useful for a broad range of effects units
      Balanced Output: XLR balanced output with pre/post EQ and ground lift switch
      Cooling: Two high-quality whisper fans with thermal speed control
      Dimensions: 12″ W x 9″ D x 3″ H
      Weight: 4.9 lbs

I am in Exter, Devon. Any tryout is welcome
      sold 

urable carrying bag

• By The GroovyPlucker
      *****PRICE REDUCED NOW £570 INC UK SHIPPING********
      Best Fender I've ever played, really don't want to part with it but needs must. In excellent condition bar one knock, which is pictured, bought it like that, but has no affect on play-ability. PJ Pickups, Active. Thumb Rest has been removed. Comes with fender gig bag. HERE'S YOUR CHANCE TO OWN A VERY RARE MODEL, LIMITED RUN.
      Here's the detail :

This Fender FSR Deluxe Precision Bass Special Surf Green Metallic will be available in very limited quantities. This beautiful special edition instrument is sure to be an instant classic. It features active electronics and comes with a deluxe gig bag.

FENDER FSR DELUXE PRECISION BASS SPECIAL SURF GREEN METALLIC
      The Fender FSR Deluxe Precision Bass Special features a fully bound Maple fingerboard with block inlays. The PJ pickup configuration and three-band active EQ offers plenty of tonal versatility. The bridge pickup is a Jazz Bass Dual-Coil Ceramic Noiseless version and in the middle is a Vintage-Style Alnico Split Single-Coil Precision Bass pickup. You can blend between each pickup with the pan control. This FSR Deluxe Precision Bass Special also features a rock solid Fender 4 saddle Hi-Mass bridge and side mounted jack. The Surf Green Metallic finish along with 3 ply parchment scratchplate and Maple neck gives this bass instant appeal. It looks almost identical to last years FSR Deluxe PJ Bass in Sea Foam Pearl.

The Fender FSR Deluxe Precision Bass Special Surf Green Metallic combines classy aesthetics with tonal versatility and amazing value. You best be quick if you want to bag yourself one of these, they will not hang around for long!
      Full Description
      Features/Specifications:
      Body & Bridge:
      ·        Body: Alder
      ·        Body Shape: Precision Bass
      ·        Colour: Sea Foam Metallic
      ·        Bridge: High Mass 4 Saddle Bass
      Neck & Fingerboard:
      ·        Neck: Maple
      ·        Neck Shape: 70s Jazz Bass
      ·        Fingerboard: Maple
      ·        Number of Frets: 20 Medium Jumbo
      ·        Position Inlays: Black Block
      ·        Radius: 9.5" (24.1cm)
      ·        Nut Width: 1.625" (41.3mm)
      ·        Scale Length: 34" (86.36cm)
      ·        Neck Plate: Standard 4 Bolt
      ·        Truss Rod Nut: 3/16" Hex Adjustment
      Electronics & Hardware:
      ·        Pickup Configuration: S/S
      ·        Middle Pickup: Standard Vintage Alnico Split Single-Coil Precision Bass
      ·        Bridge Pickup: Dualcoil Ceramic Noiseless™ Jazz Bass Pickup with Nickel-Plated Pole Pieces
      ·        Hardware: Chrome
      ·        String Nut: Synthetic Bone
      Strings & Accessories:
      ·        Strings: Fender® USA Super Bass 7250ML, NPS, (.045, .065, .080, .100)
      ·        Accessories: Gig Bag

• By matt-bass-sparkes
      I have the above for sale.
      The neck pickup is a genuine Seymour Duncan SJB 3N Quarter Pounder...an absolute brute of a pickup! It's passive, but has a gainy growl.
      The bridge pickup is actually not connected to the electronics at all...it's just a crap pickup for show...you can obviously replace this with another pickup.
      But for now, this bass has the neck pickup as the only working pickup.
      This was originally an off-white coloured bass, however about two years ago, I painted over it in black, and clear lacquered over the top. 
      Being my first attempt at laquering, it's not perfect, and there are some small spots that are either not fully painted, or have some "drip".
      If you're like me, you'll want to customise your own basses, so the paint job could be an extra project for you!
      Apart from the pickups, everything else on this bass is original.
      A bit of buckle rash on the neck plate, and some scuffs on the top of the headstock, also some marks on the side of the neck due to sweat and lots of playing
      The frets are smooth and a little worn due to afore mentioned playing.
      Also, the reason that I have pieces of string holding the balls of the main strings in the bridge is that they were cheap strings from eBay (which actually sound good!), but the balls were too small for the bridge holes...but all other strings are fine (I've used Fender, Ernie Ball and Rotosound).
      Great instrument that will last for a very long time. 
      Will post to mainland U.K with a courier for extra £6.
      Paypal or internet banking (I've sold loads on here before, so no worries there)