Why become a member? ×

Zon Sonus TJ5 (SOLD)
£3000
Newcastle Upon Tyne

whentbass

Reduced to £2200 plus postage. 

The eagle eyed among you may have noticed I've listed this bass before... It's a tough one to let go of, but at the end of the day, it's not getting the use it deserves. As I still absolutely love the bass, it will only be leaving me for either the price stated, or a suitable trade (UK only).

*UPDATE- I may consider sensible offers

This bass is fantastic. I’ve never owned such an amazingly well balanced and well crafted instrument. Each note, from the low B (big thumbs up) to the A at the 26th fret rings perfectly with sweet resounding loveliness. The neck is incredibly warm sounding for a composite, and it does not move. You could take this bass from sub zero to sub tropical and I seriously doubt the neck would move even a mm. Fancy changing the gauge of your strings? Bang whatever set you like on, you’ll not have to worry about the setup. All this makes this bass the perfect touring bass.

It’s smooth, it cuts, it has punch, growl. It’s a great bass. And it would probably cost about twice as much to buy new. It’s in great condition aside from a couple of minor dings on the bottom (just scratches in the poly finish), that to be honest I totally forgot about, so I will try and photograph them too.

Has a Bartolini NTMB preamp (which is a big improvement, in my opinion) fitted at present, but will be sold with the original preamp also.

- Spalted Alder body with master grade Redwood Burl top

- 26 fret Composite Neck with abalone inlays and matching headstock

- Black hardware (Zon bridge, gotoh tuners)

- Bartolini Soap Bars

- Zon/Polyfusion preamp

The only trades I’m really interested in are 34” 5 string MTDs, Elrick Evos, Ken Lawrences, Adamovics, Mattissons or perhaps maybe those ones with the purdy butterfly on the headstock ;)

Pics and sound clips at the link below (use headphones!).

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/l31amla3z028usr/AABsCIFqWGMjpy4RRjxXnScfa?dl=0

Edited by whentbass
  • Like 8

• 2 weeks later...
  • MB1 locked this topic