Why become a member? ×

FS/FT Hofner CT Club bass, comes with case £250 or trade (see list in post)
£300
Croydon

markdavid

Am selling my Hofner CT (Contemporary) series club bass, is in the more unusual red colour,  Hofner CT club basses are usually around £600, this club bass has some fret wear and so could benefit from a fret dress if you are into super low action  and for that reason I am offering this bass for the price of £250 which is a bargain especially with the case, there are also some scratches on the finish near the bridge which are covered by the bridge where I stupidly moved the bridge  without fully loosening the strings, I will also consider trades for other  basses

The bass plays pretty effortlessly, the action is not super low but i have it around 2.5mm E and 2.00mm G at the 17th fret and sounds fine, with the short scale it is plenty playable and the tone is really nice, full but clear, does the warm, thumpy tone really well and excels as McCartney style thump but can also get surprisingly bright and articulate also,  I have used it for everything from Beatles tunes to Metal(with rounds obviously), is a great sounding bass but I am playing more aggressive styles of music so I am not using it as often now.

It is currently sporting a set of TI Jazz flats although I think I might have some other flats kicking around if the buyer wants something with a bit more tension. I have swapped out the junky stock tuners for some Hofner rugby ball style tuners usually found on some of the more expensive German Hofners.

Will also consider trades for the following: Classic vibe or Vintage modified basses, Mustang bass, 5 string bass, open to other interesting types of basses 

Am able to meet in the London area , feel free to pm me if any questions

IMG_20200218_211531.jpg

69394992_10219511740329002_930760644729241600_n.jpg

Screenshot_20200219-012953.png

Edited by markdavid
Edited for grammar

• 11 months later...