Why become a member? ×

Favourite Bass Guitar Designs

PatrickJ

I like the look of my Italia bass - even though it has lots of chrome on it and I am not a fan of things shiny.  I am sure P and J basses are excellent instruments but when you've seen one you've seen them all really because that shape is everywhere.

If I had to pick one bass design it would be the Hofner violin (Beatles) bass.  I have a Tanglewood copy and I just like the look of it!

P1020285 (450x800).jpg

• Like 4

1 minute ago, LeftyP said:

I like the look of my Italia bass - even though it has lots of chrome on it and I am not a fan of things shiny.  I am sure P and J basses are excellent instruments but when you've seen one you've seen them all really because that shape is everywhere.

If I had to pick one bass design it would be the Hofner violin (Beatles) bass.  I have a Tanglewood copy and I just like the look of it!

P1020285 (450x800).jpg

NICE!

Blue

6 minutes ago, LeftyP said:

P1020285 (450x800).jpg

Very pretty

16 minutes ago, dmccombe7 said:

Is the centre section a pick up or ramp ? Loving the colour of that.

The centre section is indeed a ramp! I worked with Jon to design it. It adjusts the same way as a pickup does - and it quickly became a standard feature Jon offered on his basses. (Rather than being a fixed lump of wood attached to the face of the body, it can be lowered right in to the body out of the way) interestingly it is also the same size as an EMG MM5 pickup... you know, just in case I needed a big ole MM pickup one day! 😂

Thank you! The finish is actually a silver and black crackle finish over which one of my favourite flip paint finishes is applied. So the crackle finish changes from Purple to Green as you move it in the light. Sometimes even looks blue too!

• Like 2