Why become a member? ×

Anyone know anything about Marshall MBC810 Cab?

Teebs

17 minutes ago, pete.young said:

Thanks to painstaking research carried out by the much-missed waynepunkdude, we know that a Marshall 810 will fit in a Vauxhall Corsa.

Which is odd because it looks very much like you could get a Vauxhall Corsa to fit in a Marshall 810

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

I took a heavy rock fan friend of mine to a black uhuru concert in 1979 , and in return he took me to see motorhead at the Hammersmith odeon , it was the bomber tour, I think this video was the one , and it’s the marshall stack, it’s by far the heaviest concert I’ve ever been to 🙂

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Hellzero said:

So do we. My wife and I made an epic Motörhead evening last week listening to some of our favourites and watching some live footage. We miss Lemmy so much, he was so different and so charismatic.

As a Motorhead fan in the early 80's imagine my sheer joy to find myself, at a friend's gig at a club in Holland Park in London, next to Lemmy at the bar. We sat there for an hour or so, chewed the fat, he bought us a drink, we I think were skint so didn't return the favour but IIRC he didn't seem to mind. A really nice, calm, intelligent guy. Don't think he said one thing that suggested he was a famous musician. I do remember that I spent the whole night with my leather jacket zipped up desperate for him not to see my Motorhead t-shirt! One of rock's great characters. The story of how he 'left' Hawkwind is a classic :)

Edited by Beedster
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, Reggaebass said:

I took a heavy rock fan friend of mine to a black uhuru concert in 1979 , and in return he took me to see motorhead at the Hammersmith odeon , it was the bomber tour, I think this video was the one , and it’s the marshall stack, it’s by far the heaviest concert I’ve ever been to 🙂

I doubt that was 1989 because it's got Phil and Mikkey in it with no Wurzel, so post 95.

It's 2005.

Edited by Stub Mandrel
  • Like 1

16 minutes ago, Stub Mandrel said:

Twice.

Funny how 200 watts was enough for Lemmy...

I imagine there was PA support :)

Imagine standing in front or a 4x15 and - at head height - a 4x12. Even 100w is going to be pretty impressive. And these were proper old money watts of course :)

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Teebs said:

Did they have 'heft'?

:D

2 hours ago, Beedster said:

Old school heft, Marshall heft, the kind of heft that has a direct linear relationship with only one variable: not watts, impedance or size, but mass :)

Everybody should get the chance to play through a Marshall full stack at least once in their life. 

2 hours ago, Stub Mandrel said:

Funny how 200 watts was enough for Lemmy...

I once lent my (merely) 50w Mk2 and a 2x12 to a friend for him to play around with at home. I set it up for him in his home office, jumpered the channels, turned it up and then he hit a chord. 

He said 'Woah!' three times then couldn't stop laughing for the sheer pleasure of it.

Edited by skankdelvar
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1