Why become a member? ×

Anyone know anything about Marshall MBC810 Cab?

Teebs

My drummer has just got in touch to tell me he's picked up a Marshall MBC810 cab - it's mine for free! :o

1200w 4 Ohm 8 x 10" - bloody looks like it should be part of Stonehenge! :/

Mrs Teebs is going to kill me! :o

Does anyone know anything about these?

Is it a pig? Although, being free, it hardly matters.

Answers gratefully received :) 

marsh.jpg

Not had one of the 810s but had most of the rest of the range and thought they were all very good. Bassier, treblier but less middy than any equivalent Ampeg, probably just as heavy. A cab that can hold its own on festival stages for sure.

17 minutes ago, Teebs said:

Thanks @Lozz196  smiley

(no TLRTs :( )

I'll confess, I'm a wee bit concerned about the 70Kg weight :/

If you have concrete floors you’ll be fine. I wouldn’t keep it upstairs though 😁

Is there a venue or rehearsal room near you who might take it for £50? Or even for a few hours free rehearsal use?

5 minutes ago, Skinnyman said:

If you have concrete floors you’ll be fine. I wouldn’t keep it upstairs though 😁

The extension has concrete slab floor - including the 'Garden Room' as Mrs Teebs likes to call it - the 'Music Room' in my parlance :)

6 minutes ago, Skinnyman said:

Is there a venue or rehearsal room near you who might take it for £50? Or even for a few hours free rehearsal use?

Oi! >:(

It's mine all mine I tells ya! :P

Not sharin' *sniffs* smiley

6 minutes ago, Reggaebass said:

That’s a cool cab,   Does mrs Teebs know what your bringing home, or have you just said it’s a small speaker 😀

Erm... this is a tad awkward... I've sort of not mentioned it yet :/

3 minutes ago, Skinnyman said:

Well at least it’s big enough to sleep in if need be 😁

Great idea! smiley

I'll tell her I've acquired another shed.

One with 8 speakers.

That needs to live inside.

And makes lots of noise.

On second thoughts, I'm f**ked! :(

There's one of those in a local rehearsal room. It's a pretty nice sounding cab actually, I've always liked 8x10"s because they're so capable in terms of volume that you really have the freedom to cut or boost as much as you want to shape them as you see fit. It does lend itself quite nicely to a pick and some roundwounds though, its' home turf is definitely the kind of bands where the guitarists also use Marshall. It's really easy to roll on the wheels but I wouldn't fancy the lift into my car boot.

J-qSZPZ46TTOzcwSVrUuqqZHbKIfnsb428MFcTde

• Like 2

Say you needed a new fridge for the practice room.

Your drummer will be laughing all night long and maybe until the end of the week.

Now you need to buy a full tube 1200 Watts head weighting another 70 kilos.

Are the dampers of your car ok ?

🤣

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

10 hours ago, Skinnyman said:

The big worry is that she might find it more attractive than you, you grey old utility cabinet, you.

Jus’ satin’ 

Twerp >:(

Your missus will replace you with an anglepoise lamp - it's brighter than you and is prettier, SkinnyTwerp! :on_the_quiet:

Anglepoise-Type-75-Desk-Lamp.jpg

Ps. Hi, Mrs Skinnyman  smiley

Edited by Teebs
  • Haha 5
  • Sad 1

10 hours ago, Hellzero said:

Say you needed a new fridge for the practice room.

Your drummer will be laughing all night long and maybe until the end of the week.

Now you need to buy a full tube 1200 Watts head weighting another 70 kilos.

Are the dampers of your car ok ?

🤣

Funny you should mention that... @Taylor beach-blues

has put Matamp in my mind... :/

1932033738_MatampGT200Mkii.jpg.090f92d60d8f1feff5d165d5bdf4e964.jpg

:D

The car is an estate, so no worries there :) 

BondaBibicBourerEd.jpg.32bbb4f057ed099e7846d587eb8ab3b5.jpg

Edited by Teebs
  • Haha 1

47 minutes ago, Pow_22 said:

Ive seen a MBC 410 locally that's the same price as an also local Ampeg B410HLF.  Im guessing the ampeg will go lower (boomy almost if the standard 410HLF is anything to go by).  Whats peoples thoughts on the MBC 410?

Good cabs, I’d put them sound wise midway between the Ampeg HLE & HLF. Not as heavy as the Ampeg, though they are front heavy rather than even weight. They’re also a 4ohm cab so that’s something to consider.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Lozz196 said:

Good cabs, I’d put them sound wise midway between the Ampeg HLE & HLF. Not as heavy as the Ampeg, though they are front heavy rather than even weight. They’re also a 4ohm cab so that’s something to consider.

That's why im looking at them, I need a budget 4ohm cab for my valve head.  Theres 2 that fit the bill on my local Facebook place - the Marshall and an Ampeg.  Ive tried the full fat version of the Ampeg i.e not the B series and found it a little boomy.  The Marshall seems to have the same front shelf port that the B series Ampeg has so just wondering if they bring the same boom

• Like 3

I had the Ampeg full monty for a while, so the 810 cabinet plus the dedicated SVT 300 Watts full tube head. A right in your face rig. After moving the 120 kilos a few times, I gave up and sold the whole thingies to buy a just newly out TC Electronic RH450 + RS212 + RC4 + bag rig weighting one fourth of it... and really good sounding.

That said the sound of the Ampeg full monty is awesome at high volume especially with a P-Bass, but not much indicated in a jazz context for pub gigs... 🤣

• Haha 1