Why become a member? ×

Talking Heads live 83.

bubinga5

I put Stop Making Sense on the other day (learning their version of Take Me To The River) and ended up just jamming along with Tina to the whole thing. 

She is the absolute epitome of getting into a groove and staying  there. Bass playing means so many different things but one of the fundamental joys of the instrument is sitting in a big fat repeating groove. 

I love it. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

I was lucky enough to be on the bill at what I believe was their penultimate gig, at the Sweetwaters festival in NZ in 1984 (I think).  We opened the main stage on the Saturday and they were the last band.  Their set was very much the Stop Making Sense set as I remember and they were simply awesome.  Every song, every performer were spot on.  I saw David Byrne's tour last year and I'd say it was equally as good.  Great band.

I saw the tour at the beginning at Vanderbilt Memorial Gym Nashville Tennessee and at the end of the tour at Nashville Municipal Auditorium. Definitely 2 of my all time favorite live concerts. 

This is my 1st post on Bass Chat so greetings from the great state of Tennessee. I’m a longtime Talk Bass member and am searching information regarding David Eden Amplification (early years) and thought I’d take a look here. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

51 minutes ago, TN WOODMAN said:

This is my 1st post on Bass Chat so greetings from the great state of Tennessee.. 

Hi. Welcome to Basschat.

My son's planning a trip to see the Titans and as many of the Nashville sights he can fit in. . . . . . . and I'm trying to wangle myself on to the trip.

59 minutes ago, chris_b said:

Hi. Welcome to Basschat.

My son's planning a trip to see the Titans and as many of the Nashville sights he can fit in. . . . . . . and I'm trying to wangle myself on to the trip.

Hi Chris 

I’m sure your son will enjoy his Nashville visit. There’s so many types of music here besides the obvious country we’re known for. I hope you get to make the trip as well. So many cool things to do here and the weather is mostly pleasant except for the middle of summer. Thanks for the welcome. 

59 minutes ago, chris_b said:

Edited by TN WOODMAN
Double post

I also thoroughly enjoyed going to the cinema and watching 'Stop Making Sense', it really felt like a live concert.

But I like this even more, 

This is so raw and has so much energy, a band at their peak. Plus it has the best version of 'Born Under Punches' ever.

Edited by MGB
  • Like 1