Why become a member? ×

Faceless?

Barking Spiders

This is a negative word music hacks have long used to describe musicians - particularly electronic and prog rock -  that don't tell the world about how they've been wrestling with their crystal meth addiction or appear on talk shows  to 'ave a laff' with Alan Carr'. I was just wondering why some people apparently can't appreciate music with having to know the makers inside leg measurement and sexual preference.  So, what is exactly is the problem with being 'faceless' ?  I guess it's another part of a world of sleb culture where you have to tell everyone about your inner pain. So, if you'd made the biggish time would you have been the kind of person to shy away from interviews or would you happily have done them in your pants?

I always aspired to being a wealthy faceless musician - someone who could walk down the street / go on holiday / put the bins out without worrying any of the paparazzi. I've already had a lifetime of studying for this, so just need the dosh and I'll be happy..

Just now, casapete said:

I always aspired to being a wealthy faceless musician - someone who could walk down the street / go on holiday / put the bins out without worrying any of the paparazzi. I've already had a lifetime of studying for this, so just need the dosh and I'll be happy..

I've already achieved that, but I'm guessing you were referring to music being your source of income at the same time.

S.P.

• Haha 1

7 minutes ago, Stylon Pilson said:

I've already achieved that, but I'm guessing you were referring to music being your source of income at the same time.

S.P.

Yup, correct! Been my sole source of income for a long time now, so somehow I don't think the big time is beckoning me any time soon...😆

Only the very poor and the very rich really know that money can't buy happiness .

Here on this little rock our Wealthy Immigrants include :
Bryan Adams . Has to drive round with blacked out windows .
Gilbert O'Sullivan . Walks his dog in the lanes , walks to Church , but gets recognised .
Jack Casady . Early riser , likes to walk or cycle the cliff paths alone . Unrecognised .

Seems to me that of the three , the bass playing one has the best options .

One gag I have with my band is that my lyric writing is pretty naff because I haven't had a sh!t life.  So I leave it to others.

I'm quite happy to be faceless.  If I wanted the limelight I'd have been a singer or guitarist.  Leave me at the back to groove on, and I'm a happy faceless bunny....