Why become a member? ×

SOLD - Fender Precision MIJ
£685
Surrey

FDC484950

Sold

For sale is my lovely Fender Precision Bass. It’s made in Japan and serial number dates it to approx 1988/1990 and was made in the Fujigen plant.

It’s light (approx 3.7Kgs) and looks like a basswood body with maple neck and a lovely slab of rosewood with dark stripes for the fingerboard. Neck has a nice vintage tint to it.

It sounds fabulous and has a resonance and depth that’s comparable with vintage P-basses and is a sheer joy to play. I tried this out in a shop with 7-8 other p basses, some Japanese, some US and a couple of 70’s models and this was head and shoulders above the lot. I’m only selling as I’m a 5-6 string player and miss the B string pickup test!

Front and rear are in good condition but the bottom edge is a bit roadworn. There are also some lacquer cracks around the neck but expected with a 30-year old bass. It really does have a vintage vibe!

Hardware is fine - however jack socket is a bit crackly and probably needs replacing. Minimal fret wear and neck is nice and straight. It comes with Hipshot Ultralite lollipop tuners. If I get the asking price they’re included - if not I will restore the stock tuners (which work fine but add about 300g extra to the headstock).

Collection only on this as there I no case with the bass. No trades please.

Edited by Silvia Bluejay
SOLD
  • Like 5