Why become a member? ×

But it sounds homemade.

xgsjx

4 hours ago, xgsjx said:

Cheers Ted. I updated the track on SC & wish I would have kept the original to compare.  Though I put the most recent one as “Give me a sine” & the one before as “A sine”

I’ll update SC with the first version if I haven’t deleted it. 

Here’s a good tip on that, if you don’t do this already then it’s really handy - sequentially number your project versions every time you bounce a mix out eg Your project might be called ‘give me a sine 001’ , save it then bounce the mix and call it the same. 
Now save the project name as ‘give me a sine 002’ and so on. It means you have a clear reference for each mix and a way to compare and revert to any point in the project. So when your singer says “mix 009 is great but actually I prefer 007” then no problem! :)

• Thanks 1

It sounds good, I like the separation. Only one thing I'm hearing a lot of low end in places there shouldn't be like Synth, vocals, etc...

My advice would be to high pass everything except for the bass synth and drums so that are don't feel so cluttered. make sure too that the low mids are cleared too because there's a bit of boominess there too. Apart from that? well it sounds quite good and I like the tune.

1 minute ago, Mcgiver69 said:

It sounds good, I like the separation. Only one thing I'm hearing a lot of low end in places there shouldn't be like Synth, vocals, etc...

My advice would be to high pass everything except for the bass synth and drums so that are don't feel so cluttered. make sure too that the low mids are cleared too because there's a bit of boominess there too. Apart from that? well it sounds quite good and I like the tune.

I would agree. You need some space for the vocals to sit in if you want the bass and drums to be as loud as that.

So EQ the bottom end out of the vocals and the top end out of the bass and kick drum so that they are not fighting for the same sonic space. See if you EQ out the vocal range from the melody synth parts as well.

Not sure about the sound choices on the intro but that's just a matter of taste.