Why become a member? ×

Anyone tried the new Markbass NYC 121 D2 cab?

Badgerbass

Hi folks,

Anyone had a go with the new Markbass NYC121 D2 cab yet?  I'm a big fan of single 12" cabs so really keen to hear some opinions on this new one if anyone has tried it yet.

Due to the larger enclosure, would love to know how much of a difference there is as they claim it is deeper and warmer than any other 12" cab.

I read there blurb as only claiming that the D2 is deeper and warmer than other Markbass 12" cabs in their current line up. 

Given that MB cabs already have a rep for rolling off the high end, this is likely to be very warm indeed! 

Edited by Al Krow
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, Muppet said:

The new dimensions mean that it's bigger than the CMD121P, unlike the regular NY121 which is exactly the same size.  I guess it's not designed to be paired then....

Yeah, I'd noticed that too... on their site they say " Furthermore, its size perfectly stacks with our New York 151 cabinet allowing for new speaker configuration stack options." so I guess that is where they are going now... adding the 1x12 to the 1x15 cab... that's going to be a big sound configured like that!