Why become a member? ×

Greco GOB1200. SOLD please withdraw.
£1000
windsor

alembic1989

Fo sale is an extremely rare Greco GOB 1200 bass. It has undergone a very extensive sympathetic restoration. It came to me with all brassware extremely corroded and pitted, masses of buckle rash, lots of crater like dings to the lacquer, broken control knobs, terrible corrosion, shot bridge posts, poor frets, poor control cavity, and gummed up / corroded tuners. The tuners were stripped, cleaned up and lubricated,complete refret, new brass nut, the body has had most of the dings filled, and most of the buckle rash, control cavity has been relined with copper, new knobs, new brass bridge posts, all bridge assembly/ ferrules cleaned and coated and lacquered and coated in tough brass paint.
 I thought that the hardware was solid brass..but it isn't.. its brass plate..thus hardware cannot be sourced so it was painted and lacqured..it looks really nice now. All pots are original.. one if them is still  crackly..and the passive tone doesn't work...a minor job.
The bass looks really nice but used...NOT PRISTINE.
A rare opportunity to buy this wonderful bass.
https://photos.app.goo.gl/L8XidwW6TePqZPQo9

Pics of whole bass

https://photos.app.goo.gl/oxmjGYmXoSaHuvqY6

looking for sale to fund a new motorbike.

Close offers invited.

Edited by alembic1989
misspelling
  • Like 6

It is lovely, essentially Greco's (better-looking) version of Ibanez' MC924 Musician, made for the Japanese market, as were all Grecos.

Pretty sure I've not seen one of these in the UK before - if I ever go full hoarder/collector I'll probably regret not selling a limb to buy it!

GLWTS!

• 1 month later...
On 19/02/2020 at 14:51, alembic1989 said:

Wow.

I'm really surprised that such a rare and desirable bass didn't even get a single comment. I doubt that there are even 

4-5 in the entire country.

Strange times.

None of my business, Raj, but maybe your advert could be a bit lighter on all the work you did, and a bit heavier on the actual bass?

I've read the advert and looked at the photos, but I have no clue what all those knobs and switches do, I don't know how much the bass weighs or whether it hangs well from a strap, I can't begin to guess what it might sound like or how it plays. Hell, I don't even know if it comes with a gigbag!

As you say, it's a very rare bass. You can safely assume that most Basschatters probably know about as much about it as me ...

:)

• Like 2

8 hours ago, Happy Jack said:

None of my business, Raj, but maybe your advert could be a bit lighter on all the work you did, and a bit heavier on the actual bass?

I've read the advert and looked at the photos, but I have no clue what all those knobs and switches do, I don't know how much the bass weighs or whether it hangs well from a strap, I can't begin to guess what it might sound like or how it plays. Hell, I don't even know if it comes with a gigbag!

As you say, it's a very rare bass. You can safely assume that most Basschatters probably know about as much about it as me ...

:)

Good point.

I'll update with some more info tomorrow.

Thanks.

Here is some additional info.

The bass weighs 11Ibs.

The controls bare vol, passive tone.( large knobs).

The 3 smaller knobs are the 3 band preamp.. treble,mid,bass.

The 2 micro switches are active on/off

and series/parallel for back pick up.

I don't have any sound samples but here is a link to the lesser version...it has the same pickups.. the difference us that the GOB 900 is passive, and the micro switches are series/parallel for both pick ups...but gives a good indication of sound.

Hope that helps.

If you need any further info/pics just ask and I'll do my best.

Warm Regards

Raj

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1