Chimike

Ashdown ABM 500w 4 X 10 combo vgc
£199
Worthing or Chichester, West Sussex

Right, you won't run for a bus carrying this combo, but it's in great condition , and it's as cheap as chips !

Took me a while to get used to the Ashdown ABM preamp, when I bought a new one in 2003.( stiill got it ). Problem was , being old school ( OK! Just Old ),

I used to boost the bass..............bad mistake ! Took me a while to realise that modern preamps are so powerful, better to maybe cut a little, not bang on the boost ! Then I began to appreciate just how good these amps are . These early ABM amps are fantastic value  nowadays, providing you can lift them , or don't need to move them. I last used this amp when I had a "double up "gig, and needed an amp with a good DI, that I could risk leaving at the venue, as I had to rush away to my other gig . DI had to be good, as gig was recorded . Was still there ,when I went back for it !

long way of saying, this is a great sounding, cheap, but heavy combo. If I kept it, I would split our the amp from the cab ( as I have done to others ) , but , apparently, I have too many amps !

collection from Chichester or Worthing, where Combo can be trialed

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

Edited by Chimike
Add pics
  • Like 2

Another one of those "wish you were closer" moments... Love Ashdown ABMs...