Why become a member? ×

The best sounding basses on this planet?

Jean-Luc Pickguard

51 minutes ago, ambient said:

Thé guitar sounds out of tune too.

In fact, they are all out of tune. Maybe they are using a cow bell tuning. And as a fretless player that hurts my ears.

Even fully set up, these basses sound like cow poo.

The name is very well chosen, because all the people having bought one always told themselves : I wish I hadn't bought this ... urm ... thing.

Now, there's the Ergo EUB case. I bought one (the personal model of the "maker"), and even played it live once (before reselling it) : simply awful on all aspects. The guy behind the brand suggests using a sewer pipe cut to the desired length with two screwed plugs to make a transport case, that summarizes it all : screwed by the sewer thing.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

I had one for a while, and I liked it. The neck was a bit like trying to strangle a giraffe one-handed, and it was very, very different to a 'normal', mass-produced bass, but it was very, erm, organic, and for the small amount I paid for it, great fun.

That video, though, is comedy gold...

Edited by Muzz
  • Like 2

19 minutes ago, Muzz said:

I had one for a while, and I liked it. The neck was a bit like trying to strangle a giraffe one-handed, and it was very, very different to a 'normal', mass-produced bass, but it was very, erm, organic, and for the small amount I paid for it, great fun.

That video, though, is comedy gold...

Pictures are needed

Sadly it went a good while ago...it was a Wishbass, though, which meant it looked quite like all of them i.e. something I might have doodled on the back of my Maths workbook in the 4th year...and yeah, it had that huuuuge headstock. Didn't neckdive, tho, and wasn't particularly heavy. Had a lot of purpleheart in its construction, too.

Every non-musician commented on it, which is something that doesn't happen with, say, the Alembic I had...or indeed much of my posh boutique stuff...

For a couple of hundred quid they're well worth trying...

Edited by Muzz